Southampton Football Club is currently going through an exciting period of growth with ambitious plans for future success on and off the pitch. To achieve their objectives significant investment is being made into the commercial and marketing functions to become ‘best in field’ and to drive new and existing revenue streams, increase fan engagement and enhance the positioning of the brand.
The role requires a “digital native” who will be responsible for devising and overseeing the execution of all strategic digital, social and mobile initiatives including the development of focused campaigns, content creation and engagement optimisation. The successful candidate must understand the broader cultural and creative shifts taking place on digital channels with a proven track record of developing revenue generating strategies.
- Significant experience of developing strategies for across all media and social platforms to generate revenue including the creation of digital ecosystems that can drive fans/consumers through the purchasing funnel.
- Develop and manage the implementation of a multi-year digital strategy, content plans and roadmaps across all integrated facets of Digital, Social and Mobile.
- Drive digital growth strategy and identify new incremental business opportunities for both the Club and its commercial partners.
- Participate in new business pitch development and presentations, ensuring partnership teams are aware of all brand digital activity and latest innovations and trends
- Manage a team of digital producers and social content creators, ensuring the career development and skill set growth of in-house digital talent.
- Serve as the “digital thought leader” and trusted advisor to senior management and business leaders across the organization.
Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in and track record of success in devising and implementing creative digital, social and mobile strategies to increase multi-channel commercial revenues and improved brand positioning.
- Creative mind-set with strong knowledge of digital development, social web and content strategy
- Experience of brand/product management
- Experience tracking, contributing to and leading media trends
- Track record of working closely with clients and creative talent
- Outstanding communication, relationship management, and presentation skills
- Proven leadership and talent management skills to develop and drive a growing department