As one of the world's top 100 licensors, award-winning The Smiley Company works with over 460 licensees and best-of-class retailer partners globally, to launch the iconic Smiley and Newmoji brands across fashion, home and entertainment sectors. We are a collective of fun-loving people with a passion for creating and storytelling. As part of our commitment to diversity, we cultivate a workplace of learning and inclusiveness. For nearly 50 years, Smiley has shaped the way sharing optimism and happiness, expressing itself through iconic and creative products. With a commitment to create a happier, more equal and sustainable world, The Smiley Company also funds philanthropic non-profits the Smiley Movement, a matchmaker for good, and the Charity Film Awards, the World's biggest campaign for charity and caused-based films, driving donations, views, media coverage and celebrity engagement. Today, Smiley has become more than just an icon, a brand and a lifestyle, reminding people just how powerful a smile can be.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Marketing Department is a central hub of the Smiley business and has both a trade and consumer facing function. We are a small, dedicated team doing big things - positivity, agility and adaptability are critical for this fast-paced role. The newly created position of Head of Digital will lead the digital marketing & social media strategy and own the messaging for The Smiley Company’s core business as well as its non-profit arms: Smiley Movement and the Charity Film Awards.
Strategy & Vision
- Create the vision for bringing happiness and positivity to the world through our digital channels for our core brands and non-profit arms.
- Responsible for overseeing all websites, apps, social media, SEO and social ads
- Manage the social media budget spend across all platforms.
- Develop a live social media strategy to support consumer facing activity to ensure Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, Linkedin, Instagram, WeChat, Weibo and any newly arising social media platforms are updated on a daily basis with new and engaging content.
- Implement an annual measurable digital marketing strategy that will enhance our image and position within the marketplace and the general public.
- Ensure the Smiley philosophy, mission, vision and brand image are pertinent and practiced throughout the organisation, both internally and with external partners.
- Develop objectives and KPIs for social media & website engagement and also test new ways of achieving KPIs and communicating with audiences.
- Liaise with Head of Marketing to deliver the elements of the agreed strategy
- Structure, manage and develop a digital marketing team to meet the needs of the business.
- Managing internal and external resource as needed to execute the digital & social strategy including design, copywriting, digital media coordination and social media analysis, the candidate will have strong management skills and strategic acumen, able to juggle multiple workstreams and priorities, and getting the most out of a varied team.
- Liaise with licensee’s digital teams to ensure they adhere to the Smiley digital marketing guidelines and stay true to the Smiley ethos in all communications
- Management of 3rd party agencies and their reporting processes, including social media agency team in APAC and one freelancer
Data and analytics:
- Information is power. Getting the right information on how our brands are perceived by consumers will ensure our teams are maximising their efforts and building the best campaigns and creating the best products for our audience,
- Produce monthly social media and digital analytics reports
- Global SEO Management & URL Optimisation
- Creation, scheduling and publication of content across all social media accounts for all Smiley Company brands (Smiley, SmileyWorld, Newmoji, and The Smileys) in line with brand guidelines.
- Design artwork for all social channels and website
- Work alongside the relevant teams to produce SEO and PPC campaigns and ensure the marketing activities meet the overall brand.
- Manage and create relationships, including with influencers, licensees and brand partners
- Auditing for best practice, social changes, tools and content.
- Own back-end of website and manage design and copy changes.
- Responding to online website and social queries and questions.
- Design artwork and content for website, including banners and gifs.
- Update web shop with new products weekly, checking stock and keeping updated with launches.
- Improve the user experience on smiley.com and measure these against key website KPI’s (bounce rates. Page dwells, time spent on site, page views and conversions
Smiley Movement (Non Profit Arm)
- Deliver the Digital Engagement Strategy supported by the Head of Content
- Lead on Smiley TALKS promotion, research new target audiences & engage with on social media & achieve registration KPIs
- Identify SEO and platform customisation opportunities to improve its overall performance
- Develop objectives and KPIs for web content and engagement and test new ways of achieving KPIs and communicating with audiences
- Agency experience and skill managing multiple accounts at once.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to get results
* Post Covid, can work in an office based in London