Southampton Football Club is currently going through an exciting period of growth with ambitious plans for future success on and off the pitch. To achieve their objectives significant investment is being made into the commercial and marketing functions to become ‘best in field’ and to drive new and existing revenue streams, increase fan engagement and enhance the positioning of the brand.
Key to success in the role will be the creation of a data driven environment and delivery of consumer insight to fuel commercial growth across sponsorship, partnerships, ticketing, and all other revenue streams. It will require experience and influence in leading a high performing department to enable Southampton to differentiate itself against competitors within the football industry in the short, medium, and long term.
- Create and lead a CRM, data, and analytics insight hub that fuels the growth of all commercial revenue streams
- Devise insight strategies across all business areas and products in order to plan, develop, and executive effective campaigns
- Drive deeper fan engagement and develop communication strategies to help increase usage of all digital platforms
- Be responsible for the provision of in-depth and relevant data to drive growth across international markets
- Lead the interpretation of key marketing campaigns for all businesses to produce effective CRM communication strategies
- Develop, set up, and review analytics tools and reporting systems to help internal business areas (partnerships, sponsorship, ticketing etc.).
- Deliver insights to maximise opportunity in each area through the use of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Demonstrable track record of success in delivering strategies within CRM, customer insights, and analytics to drive commercial growth and brand awareness
- A background in analysing consumer behavioural data with an ability to deliver insights through data-based story telling
- Good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Experience of delivering data driven cultural change initiatives
- Outstanding communication, relationship management, and presentation skills
- Proven leadership and talent management skills to develop and drive a growing department