Head of Creative Innovation
A Head of Creative Innovation is needed to join a consumer goods company with global reach that in its industry needs no introduction, developing some of the hottest brands around. Following an in-depth strategic review, the company is expanding its innovation capability and seeks a top tier Head of Creative Innovation to support its growth vision.
You live and breathe ideas. You inspire those around you to stretch for the impossible because you just know it will make a brilliant brand and product. You have created brands, products or campaigns that have become household names. They might be beautiful, they might be fun, they might be small, they might be large. Above all else, they worked, and the project came in on time and on budget.
Reporting to the Group Marketing Director, the Head of Creative Innovation will oversee the ideation process from initial idea to concept, working with the Marketing and Development Teams to create exceptional products that consumers will drool over. Your task is to build and inspire an industry leading Creative Innovation Team, celebrated and feted for their work. You may not have leadership responsibility at the moment but you need strong empathy and the gravitas to lead and inspire your growing team, external agencies & inventors.
Whether you are facilitating and leading brainstorms or brand development/ideation workshops, delivering the right research approaches to uncover fresh insight, building powerful brand propositions, leading creative direction and strategic design throughout the brand life cycle, attending trade shows, or mentoring team members, it will be your exceptional creativity and organisational skills that deliver an exceptional portfolio of product ideas that are outrageously fun and drive revenue and profit growth.
To qualify… You could be a Head of Innovation / Creative Innovation Manager / Innovation Strategist / Innovation Consultant / Creative Strategist / Brand Consultant / Creative Account Director / Brand Manager. We don’t mind as long as you:
- Are currently working within an agency or client side in innovation;
- Have extensive experience within a creative, innovation and/or marketing experience, with a good proportion of this experience innovating in the consumer products’ arena;
- Are immersed in consumers;
- Instinctively understand the right research approaches to build then screen your ideas;
- Have exceptional innovation and consumer insight skillset;
- Have a restless mind, fascinated by the latest trends, brands, products and what motivates people;
- Are tenacious in uncovering fresh insights and building powerful brand propositions;
- Are down-to-earth, highly organised and have a head for business - we need ideas that will drive hard-edged, quantified business growth;
- Are an exceptional networker. You rapidly build relationships both within and outside your company, pointing to exceptional success through an open innovation approach that has inventors beating a path to your door, whether you might be interested or not;
- Are comfortable presenting at senior level both internally and externally.
In return the Head of Creative Innovation can expect a culture that is fast-paced, ambitious, social and stimulating within an office populated by talented and enthusiastic people who thrive on producing exceptional solutions in an environment they truly love to be in.