SW - 007 - 1033
Freelance Head of Communications
Some travel required to the Benelux region and Head Office
£300 - £400 per day
Headline of the Head of Communications role
Interim Head of Communications required for global PLC to help shape and create internal and external communications. As Head of Communications you will also work closely with key strategic stakeholders including the CFO and HRD. In addition you will also oversee a globally dispersed team spread throughout the UK and Benelux region.
The role of Head of Communications will be for a period 6 months freelance, however it could also develop into a temp-to-perm role.
The Head of Communications company
A global PLC powerhouse in their field, this leading company is working at the forefront of the main environmental problems facing the world today. As Head of Communications you will be focussed on producing world class communications for a group which employees over 7500 employees in over 200 locations spanning 9 countries.
Your content will deliver consistent global messages which can be tailored to country, regional, local and divisional needs. Stakeholder management will be key and as Head of Communications your role will have the scope to set the communication strategy, managing its execution to ensure a consistent message.
Main aspects of the Head of Communications role
As part of the senior leadership team you will work closely with the company CFO to produce external communications including:
- Company results
- Reputation management
- Crisis management
- Drafting press releases
- Managing external agencies including PR, design and online
- Brand building
- Stakeholder management
- Investor relations
- The creation of a 12 month rolling news plan
You will also work closely with the HRD on internal messaging and content including:
- Build a network of communications champions
- Producing board and committee reports including the CEO's Market report
- ROI measurement where applicable
- Supporting internal events and conferences
- The production of internal bulletins
- Oversee key internal communications channels
Additional aspects of the Head of Communications role
In this role there will be a degree of management and reports will include two Corporate Communications Executives, a Social Media Manager and Monostreams Communications Manager with additional line leadership of three Divisional Communications Managers.
As Head of Communications you will need to be highly energised with great stakeholder management as you connect a geographically spread team to:
- Increase internal and external news flow
- Share best practice
- Provide counsel to the greater Marketing and Communications team
- Design and implement strategic corporate communications
- Produce and coordinate global messaging
- Review and approve corporate collateral
Additional useful must haves of the Head of Communications role
- Demonstrable experience of working in a hands-on environment and working with a broad range of stakeholders
- Experience of working with and managing PR and creative design agencies
- Strong corporate communications and a good understanding of key communications processes
- Very strong influencing and interpersonal skills to work though others
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate at all levels and partner with leaders in the business to support the communication of their strategies and plans
- Strong project management skills across a culturally diverse environment
- Highly organised and have proven ability to manage multiple tasks timely and under pressure
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- A proactive innovative approach with the ability to learn and manage a wide variety of tasks
They would consider an immediate freelancer but also a freelancer who is interested in a temp-to-perm role.
If you are interested in this Head of Communications role and have the relevant skills and experience, or want to find out about other available roles, please do not hesitate to contact Steve Woodward on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 826 1210.