Our client is a world leader in helping brands to identify, understand and humanise the audiences they care about. The platform enables any company to see what content any target audience wants them to make, before they have to make it: leading to more emotional, exciting and effective content marketing. The company have raised $6m to date with a seed round led by 500 Startups and other leading investors, and we're experiencing some rapid MoM growth and traction presently with leading brands around the world.
Working here, you'll get to work with the world's most sophisticated brands and publishers. And you'll be recognised as an important voice in the company that finally puts audiences at the heart of marketing.
This is a pivotal senior strategic role with responsibility for ensuring an exceptional experience for clients, from their first experience with our product and services through to renewal.
Running the account management function of the business, you will lead the team including recruitment, training and development at a variety of experience levels.
Evangelising the business and its capabilities externally, you will also champion the client services function within the business and collaborate effectively with other departments and partners to execute a streamlined process for optimal delivery of services. They will also spearhead the strategic growth of key accounts.
Our client is planning rapid growth over the next 12-18 months and the renewal and expansion of existing accounts is crucial to their strategy, both in their core platform offering as well as complementary services and revenue streams. An obsession with service excellence along with commercial acumen are therefore key traits of the right candidate.
Key to success will be the ability to balance stellar client relationship management with strategic thinking and partner relations.
The primary success measure is customer satisfaction. Key Performance Indicators are:
- Account value growth over the lifetime of the contract.
- Annual account renewals and reduction in churn
- Increased platform and services adoption
- Customer satisfaction surveys (measured by NPS or similar)
In addition, there will be a responsibility to maintain high levels of job satisfaction, communication and engagement within the team. This will be measured by conducting regular feedback sessions, 360 reviews and attainment of team and individual goals.
-Encouraging the team to create lasting and trusted bonds with clients
-Contribute to commercial discussions with clients and scoping out strategies with clients
-Ensure team/individual targets are being met
-Forecast and distribute work amongst the team efficiently
-Ensure positive and effective communication with all other teams in the business
- Identify product upgrades to continually improve customer experience and retention.
- Lead the engagement strategy and execution with multiple internal and external client teams
- Maintain mutually beneficial partnership relationships (eg. Media agencies, production houses)
Key activities include:
- Oversee these key Client Services activities
- Ensuring effective and smooth client onboarding
- Training clients in the use of the platform
- Training team members in best in class process
- Strategic Services Delivery
- Maximising client renewals
- Driving client cross-sell and up-sell
- Building advocacy for the business by driving up NPS scores.
- Drive Customer Success Outcomes
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Improve team operational efficiencies
- Expand revenue in accounts through identification of cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores (e.g. NPS)
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Proactively identify issues in internal process and collaborate with other heads of department to improve.
- Lead World-class Client Services Team
- Ensure team members are hitting targets and attaining incentive plans
- Intervene to support team as and when required
- Set and improve standards and guidelines of deliverables for the team
- Recruit high quality candidates for each functional role
- Create effective onboarding process for new team members
- Foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
- Encourage continuous learning within team
- Ensure high levels of team engagement and job satisfaction
- Help drive company-wide definition of ideal customer
- Create company-wide customer feedback loop