The Department for Work and Pensions is introducing the biggest changes to the welfare system in 60 years, from pensions to working age benefits. The Head of Campaigns is responsible for the marketing and campaign management of some of the most high profile reforms being delivered by the government, and which affect millions of people.
Our objectives are: to offer work to those who can, help for those who could, and care for those who can’t; to increasing saving for later life so that everyone can have a secure and dignified retirement and to run a fair and effective welfare system.
Are you an experienced marketeer with a strong track record of creating clear, consistent and effective messaging to raise awareness, challenge attitudes and change behaviours?
The candidate we’re looking for is disciplined, sharp and creative. They will have exceptional influencing skills and the ability to master complex and technical briefs. They will know the importance of setting challenging objectives, delivering campaigns with targeted impact and using insight to inform strategy andevaluation to optimise delivery.
- Develop strategy and deliver compelling, innovative integrated campaigns across multiple channels: TV, OOH, digital, press and low-cost, no-cost
- Build and project manage media plans across the full range of channels
- Use communications to help manage risk by providing targeted information to different specific audiences at the right time
- Build and maintain close professional relationships with Ministers, senior policy and operational colleagues and external stakeholders
- Set benchmark standards across all campaigns and drive behavioural outcomes based on evidence and insight
- Extensive professional experience delivering integrated, multi-channel campaigns in government, or at an agency or other private sector business
- Strong analytical skills and creativity in delivering insight-driven campaigns
- Demonstrable track record of delivering successful outcomes
- Passion and drive
- Will be a highly capable leader
- Able to respond quickly and flexibly to events, and work calmly under pressure
- Intellectually strong with ability to strike balance between strategic innovation and operational delivery
Led and supported by the Director of Communications, the Head of Campaigns will be a highly capable leader who will help to inform and deliver policy, advise Ministers and senior civil servants, and build professional skills in their ambitious and talented campaign team.
They will be one of the Senior Management team of three deputy directors working at pace in charge of one of the busiest and complex communications directorates in central government.
Closing date: 15 October 2017.
DWP is committed to embracing diversity and promoting equality of opportunity. As such, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified people. We offer a Guaranteed Interview Scheme for disabled applicants who meet our minimum selection criteria.