I'm looking for an experienced sales and marketing professional, a strong business developer, ideally with agency experience within the events and communications sector, who is switched-on, savvy and naturally engaging.
Surrey-based live event and communications agency known for their strategic and consultative approach, and for their global delivery of engaging live event and communications solutions for major corporate clients, now ready to push for further growth.
This is a small but successful agency with existing large accounts, and keen to develop more. You'll work closely with the two company founders both of whom are hands-on, project and client focussed, and be the main driver of the agency's business development - so you'd need to be happy doing the nitty gritty, as well as being confident enough to lead the agency's marketing and new business strategy including networking, taking new business meetings etc. You'll be tasked with managing the agency's contact strategy, across existing and new clients (identifying, meeting and driving appropriate client RFQ opportunities), as well as overall marketing and visibility of the business. The role will have three main areas of responsibility:
- New business
- researching, contacting and establishing credible appointments to meet new client decision-makers
- develop long-term relationships with key individuals within blue-chip companies, and further network within the account, growing further relationships and establishing the agencies value/offering
- work with internal production team to support design and delivery of pitch materials and thinking
- lead regular bus dev meetings
- Existing business development
- Work closely with Directors and Executive Producers to grow existing client business through creating and delivering on bespoke strategies for each account
- Research and track movement of contacts
- Maintain marketing 'tool box' (case studies, PR, awards entries etc)
- Work with Directors to develop and deliver multi-channel marketing activities
- Generate increased awareness of the agency
I'm looking for a switched-on, savvy and naturally engaging bus dev professional - with previous high level sales and marketing experience within an agency environment (ideally live events, communications). This is not a sales role where you are blessed with multiple quick wins. This is a role that requires sustained activity and strategic know-how in order to succeed over a longer period of 'sales gestation' - so you'll bring the depth of experience, self-motivation and focus to deliver on this. You'll also be passionate about doing great work, and keen to be part of an agency that is growing and going places - and already has excellent credentials and clients to build upon. It's a small agency, so you need to be able to be hands-on, as well as strategic in your approach and activities - credible, enthusiastic - and looking for a great new opportunity to get your teeth into!
- Previous high level sales and marketing experience within an agency environment
- Ideally your previous experience comes from within the live events and/or communications industry
- Experience of working with corporate clients in varied sectors
- Confident and engaging communicator and presenter
- Proven track record of business development planning and activities - strategic and planned approach
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office, Powerpoint
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but perfectly formed team and play a key role in this exciting agency's continued growth and success.
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click the "Apply" button now.