Job Type - Marketing & Communications
Region - London
Location - Victoria
Preferred Hours - Full Time
Partnership Level - 04
This role is at Partnership Level 4 and includes entitlement to the following additional benefits:
- Car allowance which can be used to purchase a car through the Personal Car Scheme
- Invitation to join the AXA Private Medical Insurance scheme
- 6 weeks holiday
Further details will be provided at interview and upon successful offer
Closing Date - 13 Sep 2017
Vacancy Type - Permanent
Salary - £96,000 - £130,000
Salary Frequency - per annum
Hours of Work - 35 hours per week
Monday to Friday - 09:00 - 17:30
Duties & Responsibilities
From our iconic Christmas Advert to the exceptional service we offer our customers, The John Lewis Partnership offers a retail experience like no other. So it stands to reason that our Brand and Social Marketing should be market leading, exciting and innovative too.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Brand and Social Marketing to join us at our John Lewis Head Office in London, Victoria on a permanent basis. This role will be accountable for developing and executing effective and innovative brand, cross – category and social marketing strategies, using the full marketing mix to deliver our commercial, customer and brand ambitions.
The successful candidate will have excellent experience in TV advertising and will have managed the end to end process, from briefing to final edit and delivery. You will have lead brand re-positioning projects and used your creativity to introduce new and forward thinking ways of working. Through strategic thinking, strong data driven customer insight, and a natural instinct, you’ll drive forward the Brand and Social marketing strategy, to reach its optimum and delight our customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Leads the Brand & Social Marketing team in a manner consistent with the John Lewis leadership behaviours, driving a partnership ethos within the team and ensuring that they are motivated, collaborative and high performing.
- Accountable for designing and delivering the brand marketing strategy & plan through the development and execution of omni-channel marketing plans that support the delivery of brand, customer and commercial objectives
- Accountable for the social strategy for John Lewis, defining the ambition and plans for us to become a social business, including social insight, sales growth from ratings & reviews, social marketing and social customer service.
- Responsible for developing and refreshing the John Lewis brand strategy and brand/sub-brand framework, for both UK and International markets
- Accountable for the brand and social marketing budgets, defining and executing the marketing priorities to deliver the key commercial, customer and brand metrics
- Responsible for developing and updating the overall annual Marketing & Content calendar to define the key commercial and brand priorities, ensuring alignment with all relevant senior stakeholders
- Collaborates effectively with various departments and stakeholders and leads the management of our external advertising and media buying agencies to ensure that the execution of all brand & social marketing campaigns are creatively effective.
- Uses personal credibility, knowledge and understanding of the customer and media landscape to influence the strategy and plans.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- Significant consumer marketing experience across all channels, particularly broadcast and social channels
- Proactive team member with a highly collaborative style
- Experience of managing a high performing team of commercial marketers
- Integrated campaign experience
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
- Chartered Institute of Marketing an advantage
To Apply for this job please click below