Oliver Agency offers Data Analysts of all levels a rare opportunity to work with a full 360 spectrum of agency disciplines. Dare, our Digital Transformation Agency we plan how we can maximise personalisation, create immersive customer journeys across all digital platforms. We aren’t just at the end of the process or the CRM element of the journey instead we are fully involved in the upfront scoping of a new digital transformation site. Think BMW, Hakkasan.
Adjust Your Set, our content creation agency, blends our clients’ data assets to create multi-channel publishing strategies – from cultural content to commercial content we help the teams map the consumer experience.
If this wasn’t enough we are a vital part of the set-up of our new Media buying business, Oliver Media. As a data team we are creating transparency of media buying rarely if ever seen by clients. And we are setting up the business to tie together CRM and Media to create fully connected cross channel journeys like never before.
And there’s Oliver – full service agency! From CRM, digital, media, content to TV. You have an opportunity to work with every channel within marketing, every discipline. You have the opportunity to shape our Oliver Data offering.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Lead key new business and client assignments that require senior data expertise
- Drive innovative thinking and innovation within the team to grow our Data offering, products and revenue across the Oliver Group
- Develop award winning data strategies and techniques with your team and Data Planning partners
- Monitor and review data suppliers and proactively negotiate costs, data contracts and data processing agreements
- Develop analytical strategies that drive continuous improvement, efficencies and incremental ROI for our clients
- Work in partnership with the Head of Data Planning and Analytics to shape the future of Data Team and the Data Team offering across the Agency Group.
- Manage the requirement for data resource across the Group, ensuring profitability and efficiency
- Coach, mentor, manage career and personal development within the team, identifying training needs
- Ensure your team deliver best in class data solutions to client projects using statistical analysis and modelling techniques that deliver true insight
- Develop ways of working processes to ensure all of our Inside Data Team members feel a part of the Data Team, have an input into the future of the Data Team
- Implement ways of working processes across the Hub and Inside Data Team members ensuring our deliverables are always 100% accurate and 100% on brief
- Work closely with the Data Planners and Planners to develop innovative solutions to client projects
- Develop ways of working that support and integrate data within each of our Agencies (DARE, Adjust Your Set, Aylesworth Fleming, Oliver Media).
- Get the content, customer experience and creative teams to embrace and use the data insights your team produce. Ensuring the team take a test and learn approach to content; real time data and insight driven optimisation to improve performance of digital content.
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience within Senior Data analytics roles
- Experience of managing a team of Analyst
- Must be a strategic thinker with an innovative approach to data, pushing the boundaries of how data can be used to decode consumers more emotional needs and solve business problems.
- Ability to develop and mentor your team on all types of complex data analysis including cluster, segmentation and modelling
- Present and explain the results of analysis to non-technical clients and colleagues
- Excellent SAS or SQL skills (able to write complex queries) or similar programming software to build cluster, segmentation, modelling tools etc.
- Expert web analytics experience; specifically Google Analytics Premium/GA360, Adobe Analytics (Sitecatalyst and other components), Webtrends, Cognesia, etc
- Deep understanding of Web Analytics tagging protocols and naming conventions.
- Advanced Excel (Pivot tables, macros, etc…) skills.
- Advanced experience of Social Listening and Analysis tools e.g. Sprinklr; Crimson Hexagon and Sysomos or other similar tools would be beneficial
- Experienced in business casing and ROI development.
- Experience of building interactive, visual dashboards.
- Leadership skills – ability to lead and develop the data community, and coach and mentor individuals as required
- Experienced practitioner in the application of insights from data to develop marketing strategy and improve marketing ROI
- Understanding of analytical tools and techniques such as modelling and segmentation and how they should be applied
- Ability to work at all levels within the agency and to build strong working relationships with senior clients
- Ability to network within the industry and enhance the agency’s reputation for data
- Engineering, computer science, statistical or finance degree preferable.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to learn and continuously improve.
- Collaborative team player