Head of Agency Relations – Barter Agency – Central London – To £70k (OTE)
This Central London barter agency is a major player in its field. Due to an exciting period of growth it now requires a Head of Agency Relations to front up its five-person agency team.
The Head of Agency Relations role
Reporting to the Director of Agency Relations, the Head of Agency Relations will be responsible for maximising opportunities with established and new agency partners to drive increased revenue and profit.
In partnership with your colleagues and with the support of the Agency Relations Manager, you will act as the agency’s ambassador providing best-in-class agency account management, developing strong relationships and driving new business.
You will be assigned a patch of media agencies to work with, offering welcome variety in the work you will be doing and the relationships you will be developing.
The Head of Agency Relations – skills and experience required
- You have previous media agency and barter experience
- Your agency experience comes from the commercial (sales) side and you also have strong strategic planning skills. Media owner experience would be great to have but isn’t essential
- You have a sympathetic approach with a commercial mind and are skilled at selling plans to your clients
- You can demonstrate your ability to support directors on the creation of strategic plans and manage a team effectively at ‘Head of’ level
- You have a strong ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and coach peers and junior teams, always demonstrating a strong understanding of the agency as a whole and not just your own department
- You are driven to achieve individual and group targets, goals and deadlines, and always use your initiative to work effectively in a fast-paced environment to fulfil internal and external directives
- Finally, you are an effective communicator with excellent attention to detail
Responsibilities of the role
- Support the Director of Agency Relations in the creation of department strategic plans for agency sustainability and growth
- Create and develop strategic plans to enhance the agency’s offering across its portfolio
- Build strong relationships with key agency contacts at both communications planner and business director level
- Account manage identified agency business with regular, quarterly and bi-annual reviews covering barter performance, process, opportunities and innovations
- Identify opportunities where clients within the agency portfolio are not currently partnering with the agency
- Work closely with the Client team in generating new clients from your agency portfolio
- Develop and define agency SLAs that deliver long-term relationships and profitable business
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders at agencies
- Work closely with the Media Team to ensure consistency of communication across all agency contacts
- Coach direct reports in partnership with peers and promote self-development
Salary and benefits
Basic salary to £60k with a bonus of up to £10k per annum. The role also comes with further excellent hard and soft benefits.
This is an extremely rare opportunity for a Head of Agency Relations to join the most progressive, forward-thinking barter agency in London.
Please send us your CV for more details.