Why this role matters
This is an exciting time to join BT as the Head of SME Acquisition Marketing. You will have responsibility for developing strategic approach, effective planning and delivery of demand generation marketing activities to grow sales, build increased market share and profitability for the SME portfolio. You will drive demand generation within the Telecoms (across mobile, connectivity and converged offerigns) market to achieve sales targets, drive incremental sales and revenue growth. This involves acquiring new customers from competitors with targeted acquisition campaigns as well as utilising cross sales opportunities to grow customer revenue.
You will contribute to setting the overall long term marketing/GTM strategy and plan. Using this framework they will build and execute 12-month acquisition startegy for SME across digital, ATL (excluding tier 1 brand campaigns) and BTL channels. They will make a significant contribution to SME P&L through effective execution of marketing communications which acquire new customers and increase brand advocacy. You will also be accountable for the planning, creative development, deployment and evaluation of the SME acquisition marketing activity that is best-in-class.
What you’ll be doing
Your duties will be wider ranging but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- Developing the overall SME demand generation strategy across target prospect/lapsed market segments, propositions and communication channels, including
- ATL Paid media channels both traditional and digital – PPC, Affiliates, Display, Paid Social, Press etc (in alignment with Brand team who are responsible for media and Brand advertising)
- BTL – channels directly targeting prospect and lapsed base including EM, DM & SMS
- SME strategic partnerships and sponsorship
- Translate the marketing strategy into effective and targeted 12 months acquisition plans to deliver quality leads and achieve business and sales targets for all BT and EE propositions
- Optimise channel mix and content for acquisition marketing initiatives, rigorously analysing the acquisition funnel to drive improved conversions; own understanding of the end to end funnel performace, opportunities and actions to improve key metrics
- Work with customer insight, strategy and data teams to delivery intelligent lead segmented campaigns. Effectively use Adobe Audience Manager to identify core and untapped audiences and retargeting of media messages
- Develop E2E prospect marketing & digital journeys, identify key touch points, relevant targeted messaging, content.
- Utilise dynamic content in campaigns to deliver real-time relevant campaigns to different prospect segments
- Implement optimisation programmes to ensure test and learn and enhance performance across campaigns
- Work closely with the content team to ensure Owned and Earned media channels are continuously optimised
- Work with digital, desk, trading and GTM teams to drive targeted quality traffic and leads to SME acquisition channels; drive acquisitions that meet ROI requirements;
- Work with all sales channels to develop an enhanced leads nurturing programme.
- Support channels with Call/ lead volume planning
- Work with Adobe cloud products including Adobe campaign, target, analytics and audience manager
- Work with key agencies supporting demand generation to ensure good working relationship, best use of budgets and good performance
- Effectively manage SME marketing acquisition budget
- Ensure all acquisition campaigns deliver against objectives and have measurable KPIs to track success and learnings to be applied to future activity
- Understanding reporting, analytics and buyer behavour for the prospect base. Work with Adobe analytics, data teams and online teams to form a consolidated view the prospect base
- Manage econonmetics reporting and understand the incremental impact of campaigns
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, central marketing, agencies and manufacturers in order to achieve business objectives
- Lead and develop a team of 4 marketing professionals
We’ll also need to see these on your CV:
- Experienced senior B2B marketer, with proven track record in delivering business results
- Experience in acquisition/ demand generation marketing
- Understanding of media buying including programmatic
- Experience using Marketing Automation (Eloqua/Adobe Cloud)
- Digital marketing expertise, including PPC, Dispay Paid Social
- Extensive marketing experience within the mobile or fixed telecoms industry
- Experience in developing a strategy but also in tactically delivering campaigns / comms
Why choose us?
Our Vision is to transform BT Business into the UK's leading provider of enterprise services, enabling UK businesses & government to fulfil their digital potential
Our ambition is to be the UK’s business digital champion, underpinning the future economic success of the UK. We will be the leading communications and IT services provider in the UK, with the best network – both fixed and mobile.
We will achieve this by being a single, integrated organisation serving the full range of mobile and fixed IT and telecoms needs of public and private sector organisations across the UK and Ireland, regardless of size or sector. We will deliver products and propositions designed to meet the digital needs of all businesses as they operate across the UK or as they expand globally. We will be an organisation that is connected and close to local public and private sector organisations and the communities in which they operate and our end to end view of the business market will allow us to design service improvements to meet our customers’ expectations.
We are currently going through an exciting period of change and embarking on a programme of digital transformation which will revolutionise the way we market to our customers and prospects today. We will deliver products and propositions designed to meet the digital needs of all businesses as they operate across the UK and our end to end view of the business market will allow us to design service improvements to meet our customers’ expectations.