Group Marketing Manager
Glennon Brothers (www.glennonbrothers.ie ) is a leading timber processor in the British Isles with a strong growth story. Turnover has more than doubled since 2009 and the company won the Ernst & Young Ireland Industry Entrepreneur award in 2010. Glennon Brothers supplies both the Irish and UK markets with products for the construction, pallet wood and fencing industries. It also manufactures timber frame homes and engineered roof trusses for the house building sector. It has over 460 employees and plants in Troon and Edinburgh in the UK, and Longford, Fermoy and Arklow in Ireland. Its people, a commitment to service, and ongoing investment in new technology are core to the business. Over the past four years it invested over €25 million across the Group including value added processing in Fermoy and a state-of-the-art combined heat and power (CHP) plant in Troon. As the company prepares for continued growth and investment in the UK and Ireland, Glennon Brothers is now expanding its management team to appoint a Marketing Manager for the Group.
Reporting directly to the joint Managing Directors, this person will be responsible for managing and delivering all the marketing requirements to ensure that the business continues its successful growth trajectory. They will be responsible for business-to-business marketing across all parts of the business and will liaise closely with the sawn wood sales, timber frame and forestry teams. They will develop and realize the marketing strategy for the Group across Ireland, the UK and future markets and support line management in the realisation of the Group’s strategy.
Key responsibilities include;
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy across all Group businesses.
- Travel frequently to all business locations and markets.
- Refresh and manage all the company’s marketing assets and materials.
- Support the company’s participation at events in the UK and Ireland, travelling as appropriate.
- Stay abreast of marketing developments and ensure the company adopts good marketing practices.
- Gather information to support strategic planning, new product and business development.
- Be the Group’s media contact; write press releases, speeches, business proposals and presentations.
- Develop external and internal communications with Sales, Business and HR managers.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of the Group’s business strategy.
This position would suit an energetic, self-motivated and creative individual with a capacity to deal with change and uncertainty. The ideal candidate will have a Marketing or Business Administration degree or relevant, equivalent qualification and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Marketing role. Experience of B2B Marketing and social media are essential, preferably in a heavy industry sector and an international context. Evidence of market analysis, marketing strategy, promotion, digital and social media, PR and internal and external communication are required. Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills are needed, and CRM experience would be an advantage.
An attractive package is available for the right candidate.