Media and Tech sector
Central London Based (NW1) Salary £35-42,000 plus benefits
Our client is the world’s leading technology media, data and marketing services company. They influence the most powerful tech buyers in the world — from business technologists to enthusiasts and everyone in between.
Technology is constantly evolving, with each change bringing a need for clarity. Through their websites, events and international publications, they provide the insights that tech buyers need to put technology to work in their professional and personal lives.
From their audiences’ declared data and their behaviour, they’re able to form a unique picture of their purchasing intent, identifying high-value prospects for their marketing clients across media and demand generation.
Due to a newly created "Buy Team" Our client is seeking a Researcher/Analyst with a passion for mergers and acquisitions. The Buy Team is part of the Media, Data, and Events business operations and has been tasked with creating a formal M&A pathway.
The role will be based in central London and will work closely with members of the larger Buy Team (two members are based in The UK and one is based in California). The Researcher/Analyst role is designed to assist the Buy Team in developing their acquisition strategy and operations. Specifically, this role will be focused on helping to establish and fine-tune the sectors which have been prioritized by management along with building out the market analysis and producing a comprehensive list of potential targets the Buy Team can look to focus their search on.
Once this candidate has mastered the M&A side of the business, there is huge potential for this role to expand and be utilized a strategic resource (outside of just M&A) to unit leaders across the business worldwide.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a thorough understanding of the businesses current and planned position in the global media space and our specific M&A strategy (in-house training will be provided to help this candidate gain a strong knowledge base of the company quickly)
- Desktop research to build up information to determine who the Buy Team should approach for initial conversations. This information should include as much pre-NDA data as possible; data that indicates market strength, financial standing, uniqueness, market position, etc. This research should also result in data that shows the target’s potential for growth and the evaluation of potential synergies with the IDG Communications business.
- Working closely with the larger Buy Team and acting as a filter for incoming opportunities along with being an agent to help actively locate and target potential candidate companies.
This is a very exciting new unit and as the Buy Team will develop and grow as a function to become the key driver of corporate growth in the years to come.
- Obtained at least a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a discipline which gives media/technology understanding and insight
- A Minimum of 2 years of financially focused and/or media analysis experience (experience within Private Equity, Venture Capital, or Investment banking is desirable) OR
- An honours degree/MBA (or equivalent) in digital media and modern media based business models
- Proven business research skills, a rigorous approach to market analysis, and an understanding of the opportunities that are arising from the transformation of the Media and Technology sectors
- An understanding of the current Digital Media landscape and trends – prior focus on the Technology & Media sectors are highly preferred
- The desire to become a leading expert in the Technology & Media sectors of the Digital Media landscape
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of superior academic and work performance; demonstrated commitment to outstanding results
- Ability to master new tasks and learn about new markets quickly
- Exemplary skills in Microsoft Office, with focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience or understanding in drafting market segmentation reports
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Flexibility to travel, as needed
- Salary Package range: GBP 35,000 to GBP 43,000