Front End Developer combining the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to code that will produce visual elements of the application
My client is Humanitarian Charity based in South London who task themselves with the difficult challenge of ending poverty. With the world supporting them my client tackles one obstacle at a tine and are relentless in bringing an end to poverty worldwide.
The key responsibilities for this Front End Developer are:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and Content Editors
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that Drupal content types are configured to meet feature requirements
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
The successful Front end developer will have the following skills:
- Advanced understanding of Drupal 8 theming and twig templating. Good knowledge of Drupal site building using views and paragraphs. Adhering to Drupals coding standards.
- Advanced understanding of CSS pre-processors and task runners, such as SASS and Gulp.
- Proficient understanding of G i t and deployment workflows using composer and Drupal 8 config, including static code analysis.
- Knowledge of behaviour testing tools like Behat.
- Experience working within SCRUM teams and Sprints.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility and code validation. Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Good understanding of web-browser accessibility guidelines.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gim p or Photoshop is a plus.
This is a 6 week contract with scope for extension paying £225 - £325 a day dependant on experience. The client is based in South London