Food Innovation and Development Manager
Our client a global giant in confectionary with a strong heritage in the UK and a chain of retail stores. They are looking for an experienced food technologist/Innovation Manager to form part of a new Retail Marketing team. Based in London.
About the Role
This is a newly created role and high-profile role which will form part of a brand-new Retail Marketing team. Reporting into the Head of Retail Marketing, you will be responsible for driving the development of an instore range of products for the retail channel – from innovation strategy to hands-on product development
You will liaise with marketing, R&D, production, third party suppliers and the instore teams to ensure that the brand visions are brought to life through a delicious and differentiated portfolio of products for loyal customers and a new target audience.
This is fantastic opportunity to make a real difference and work on game-changing strategy.
- Develop and drive the retail product strategy collaborating with the Head of Retail Marketing and all strategic partners through new range propositions for the various retail models.
- Build on current brand values, customer insight, central/FMCG marketing and product range strategy and business objectives to define the vision and mission of the retail offer
- Support the experiential programme in store with a tailored offer
- Create a robust stage gate system for innovation
- Works in alignment with central Brand Marketing and alongside retail marketing to build compelling customer-focused new product and existing product development briefs
- Drive the innovation pipeline and present plans up and down the business
- Act as consult and support for all shared FMCG/retail NPD/EPD Act as lead for all retail NPD/EPD projects- leading the build of new project briefs, driving timelines, building recipe costs, liaising with production and packaging teams
- Lead instore innovation trials, alongside our operations team
- Lead culinary development of products, selecting and evaluating all third-party suppliers
- Commercial recipe build in line with agreed margin and sales targets
- Technical liaison and ops team support Leads collaboration with 3rd party suppliers to ensure consistency with supplier base and parity quality across a roster
- Provide kitchen training for the trial and launch of new shop items
- Ensure technical specifications are accurate
Insights and Trends
Lead the dissemination of food trends throughout the business Lead NPD/EPD customer research, with support from the customer insight team Support the Trading team in the set up and monitoring of KPIs for all NPD/EPD.
- Have a real passion for food – and be inspired by customer, food and drink trends. Skilled at driving forwards a strategic vision. A self-starter Can create structure and build process Good at building relationships and making allies Will thrive in a fast-paced environment Will enjoy making the job your own
- You must to have the following experience
- You will have extensive experience in food development, and will hold a qualification in food science/technology, and will have ideally worked in retail.
- You will be fluent in the commercials of recipe building and ongoing product KPIs
- You will be used to using market research to validate concepts
- Be commercially savvy You will have achieved success in a similar environment and will be a key influencer bringing concepts to live with key stakeholders and decision makers
- You will have line managed with the ability to coach and develop others and drive team excellence
If this role sounds just like you, please get in touch.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily **