A unique opportunity to lead an exciting category across EMEA at a major growing global FMCG business! Following the recent acquisition of the strategic brands from a major partner, they are now a Portfolio business, with multiple brands across 70 EMEA markets. They are the growth leader in their category and have ambitious plans to become the number one business in this space in EMEA.
The EMEA Category Development Manager will lead the category development execution plan with the trade across key EMEA markets, working closely with the Head of Category & VP Business Development to develop the category vision and category selling action plan.
The purpose of the role is to drive tangible positive change, at the fixture, in stores to benefit brands space on shelf, number of SKUs, distribution & merchandising. The execution of category plans are a key driver of growth plans over the next 3 years.
- Deliver Range Review programmes with partners. Create sell in materials and recommendations for the development of the brands and the category.
- Develop the local market category vision and drivers. Excite the EMEA partners, ensuring senior commercial & category contacts in the partner network are fully engaged, motivated, and equipped to deliver an action plan for category growth with retailers.
- Grow Space for category in EMEA Stores. Work with partners to develop the agenda for increased space and support them with trade arguments. Deliver space growth in key accounts across EMEA.
The individual in this role is the champion of category development across EMEA both internally and with EMEA partners.
The role will report in to the Head of Business Performance & Category Management, EMEA and will be part of the EMEA sales and commercial teams.
- Develop category management principles and lead their application in EMEA to identify customer / consumer insights that strategically position the brands and retail partners for success.
- Builds networks across our EMEA partners, developing strategic relationships with partner category management teams, ensuring alignment on a joint category strategy.
- Assists in driving category development principles with key customers to differentiate to deliver increased distribution, space and display resulting in increased sales and profit.
- Helps develop the EMEA wide portfolio range, merchandising and shelf adjacencies. Prepare space planning planograms and analysis for key accounts utilizing space planning software and Nielsen data. Collaborates with sales team and retailers to provide analysis to create planograms.
- Works with the EMEA Category Analyst to input into sales planning & reviews, by identifying trends and reviewing KPIs, identifying opportunity gaps and highlighting causal factors.
- Ensures that planograms and key sales tools are disseminated across the EMEA sales teams, leading the engagement of category management through the business.