The successful candidate will oversee editorial for two trade market intelligence websites, plus ongoing development of the website platforms working closely with the web developer.
The role of Editor is much closer to a mix between a conference producer and a conventional publication editor than a traditional trade news editor.
- Four days a week focussed on one of the two websites with the fifth day focussed on the second site
- Approaching senior representatives of insurance companies and fund management groups, to secure as editorial contributors.
- Maintaining of a pipeline of prospects for weekly or bi-weekly reporting to management
- Working closely with the company's Event and Report Producers to secure interviews and time content release with the company events
- Conducting of telephone and video interviews with website contributors
- Proofing of copy from transcripts
- Selection and editing of pictures and graphics for posting on the website
- Management of website copy updates
- Hosting of roundtable debates, interviews, fireside chats, and head-to-head debates at industry events
- Be involved in strategy creation, investigation, and execution for ongoing development of the websites
Skills & Experience:
- Have at least 3 years' experience in a journalism or other trade website editorial role
- Have worked with institutional investment or finance publications
- Be accustomed to speaking with editorial targets and 'selling' new ideas and concepts
- Be experienced in writing high quality copy
- Have a proven track record of meeting targets
- Be creative in their thinking and flexible to working on multiple projects simultaneously