Events Manager - Sales £50K
Our client is the world’s leading technology media, data and marketing services company! They influence the most powerful tech buyers in the world — from business technologists to enthusiasts and everyone in between.
Technology is constantly evolving, with each change bringing a need for clarity. Through their websites, events and international publications, this company provides the insights that tech buyers need to put technology to work in their professional and personal lives.
From their audiences’ declared data and their behaviour, they are able to form a unique picture of their purchasing intent, identifying high-value prospects for their marketing clients across media and demand generation.
Due to continued growth within the events side of the business, they are now looking to hire a Head of Events! This role will involve working closely with Sales, Events, Editorial, Marketing, Project Management and Global Solutions the Event Sales Manager is expected to lead the sales effort for all UK events and to ensure the provision of an industry leading customer experience.
- Write and execute the UK Events sales and pricing strategy.
- Development of an inspiring articulation that clearly describes the UK’s event management and delegate recruitment expertise.
- To develop industry leading relationships with marketing and events contacts at both clients and agencies.
- Sales of the UK events portfolio to both clients and agencies using a consultative style ensuring that all sales include a details statement of work clearly detailing objectives, criteria and deliverables alongside the UK Events terms and conditions.
- Involvement in the events budgeting process and accountability for the commercial performance of the UK Events.
- 4 or more years of successfully selling custom events and owned event sponsorship, preferably in a publishing business or the technology sector.
- Client and agency sales experience is essential.
- Knowledge of event management, preferably in the publishing or IT industries.
- Experience strategising, planning and implementing strategic marketing programs that include events.
- First class interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team are a must.
- Strong teamwork and ability to self-motivate are essential.