A top Financial Services PR & Communications Consultancy are seeking an experienced Events Assistant to join their friendly, professional and collaborative team in their fantastically located City based offices.
As a company who win and lose clients on the strength of their relationships across organisations, our client is looking for someone who can assistant in ensuring that their new business processes, databases and events programme run smoothly and are up to date.
The role will be responsible for assisting the Business Development and Strategy Director in all aspects of new business generation, from organising the delivery of all internal and external events (which range from 15 person dinners to 150 person networking events), as well as engaging with the wider advisory team to deliver communications before/during events, to being accountable for all administration associated with these events and other new business work streams.
- Ensure all events are well attended and delivered in a professional way
- Admin to new business meetings
- Owning and updating the CRM system with relevant board level appointments, changes to target companies, events process and rsvp’s from events.
- Proactively follow up with sector partners and BDSD to ensure actions from meetings are front of mind
- Use data providers to download relevant market information which can be used by sector teams to help with targeting
- Responsible for updating pitch pipeline spreadsheet with relevant intel from sector teams
- Undertake all administrative work that is linked to new business work streams
- Confident with the ability to liaise effectively with a broad spectrum of stakeholders including clients, colleagues and suppliers
- An entrepreneurial but collegiate spirit – someone who works effectively as part of a wider team but who is creative, independent, a self-starter and doesn’t require close day-to-day management
- Someone who can motivate and lead others
- Excellent communication & written skills, with an appreciation of good design
- First class project management skills with running events
- A love of CRM databases and an understanding of how to best use them for both events and wider marketing/business development purposes
- Team working ethos with strong attention to detail
- Ideally, an understanding of equity market indices and industry categorisations
- Good excel skills given events management/BD process (v-look up proficiency helpful, for example).
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organise, multitask, prioritise and work under pressure
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industries supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.