Our client produces events across a wide range of sectors including Healthcare and Technology. They are looking for an Events Director to join their healthcare portfolio managing events in the Pharma/Healthcare/Medical market.
- Overall responsibility for the shows performance leading the team across all disciplines.
- To ensure tactics are produced to manage the event program and budgets as well as resources and staff as directed by the Divisional Director/Managing Director
- To proactively ensure the success of high-profile events whilst maximising profits.
- Efficiently liaise with other departments such as operations, marketing and the show team to ensure the smooth running of the event as well as planning and post event responsibilities.
- Manage the show budgets ensuring no overspend and maximum profitability for the business.
- Support the company's senior management team to ensure the smooth running of the company as and when required.
- Prior experience in Healthcare/Medical/Pharmaceuticals Events space is essential
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar level role
- Ability to conduct research, analysis and relationship development within the market to write up coherent business plans for events
- Understanding of setting annual P&L for multiple shows to enable success in meeting and exceeding budgeted net profit
- Excellent people management skills across a range of teams (Performance Management, Bonus Plans, Staff Appraisals, Coaching) - Events, Sales etc
- Skilled in maintaining strong stakeholder relationships across the business including Marketing, Operations, Sales etc
- Experience in fostering and maintaining positive and professional relationships with key suppliers and commercial partners