Our client is a global market leading B2B business with a UK office in central Manchester and they are looking to hire a European Marketing Manager to help drive the business forward.
The role will report into the European Sales Director who is based in Germany so will require a candidate who is able to work under their own initiative and flexible to travel across Europe as required (likely c25% of the time).
An experienced Marketing and Communication professional with at least five years’ demonstrable experience in a European or global marketing role and fluency in English, plus German or another European language, your remit will include:
- High-level understanding of P&L and experience of managing a budget
- Familiar with market segmentation and campaigns
- Able to own and manage the CRM database
- Supporting the marketing tactical plan in identifying new product opportunities
- Familiar with environmental sustainability and CSR
- Clear understanding of the dynamics behind e-commerce
- Able to support the business in the arrangement of and attendance at events, exhibitions and trade fairs
- Interacting and briefing external agencies in arranging webcasts, promotions on LinkedIn and other Social Media sites etc.
- Support sales team in researching and exploring new markets
- Support the sales team in the preparation of value proposition, innovation meetings, sales toolkit etc.
The successful candidate:
- Has a strong multicultural understanding of the different approaches to markets in Europe and overseas.
- Experience within the food or packaging industry would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication, organizational and international skills
- A candidate with a creative outlook and the ability to think “out of the box”
- Ideally fluent in English plus another European language (ideally German or French)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Define contribution pension, employer matches up to 11% of employees contribution, (total contribution up to 22% per month).
- Death in service benefit of 6 x salary.
- Simplyhealth benefit after 1 year of service (covers optical, dental etc).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Standard 37.5 hours, Monday – Friday, 08.30am-5pm in Manchester City Centre offices.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.