Our client is a leader in the smartphone/ consumer electronics category and is investing in category and shopper expertise in order to leverage their extensive knowledge of consumer and shopper behaviour coupled with their market share position within the category, to elevate their relationship with their retailer partners and secure category captaincy.
- Evolve Omni channel retail approach to shopper data led with a specific focus on omni channel bridges to optimise sell though.
- Identify and develop omni-channel category/ shopper opportunities in Pan European Retail Accounts and support the development of Local and International Joint Business Plans.
- Track category performance related to retailer presence vs. market/ channel and develop growth opportunities based on identified growth drivers.
- Engage retailers with recommended ranging, comms & layout principles based on these insights.
- Develop, implement and embed in the markets Omnichannel in-store integrated to digital toolkits/guidelines by store formats & channel type.
- Lead the Category Thought Leadership agenda across Europe and support Global and Local plans.
- Develop Subsidiaries’ capabilities by implanting the Shopper approach within the markets in order to drive the programme locally and help overcome commercial challenges.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking to appoint a Category/ Shopper Marketing expert with international experience from Retail, FMCG or consumer Tech/ Mobile sectors with the following:
- Experience of working in high performing retail sales & marketing teams in a category/ shopper marketing role
- Experience ideally working within an FMCG organisation adept in category management/ shopper programs
- Good understanding for how to apply business/ category strategy and insights to impact sales
- Experience in working with 3rd party vendors to effectively brief and implement projects
- Able to develop good working relationships with client contacts
- Solid understanding of how to communicate with stakeholders at all levels (global, regional & local)
- Strong ability to translate numbers into impactful, concise messages via reports for a broad audience
- Able to develop and present compelling presentations to senior executives
- Ideal candidate will have experience in driving change management within an organisation
- Ideal candidate will have experience working within a commercial role in FMCG or a European operator and/or Retailer
- A genuine passion for technology