At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
The Engagement Director, Global Content (GC) is a member of the GC Management Team and reports to the Senior Director, Global Content, Global Commercial Operations.As such, the GC Director is responsible for leading the development and delivery of GC Engagement Strategy and has shared responsibility for shaping GC strategy.
The Director, GC is accountable to work with GPPS/OBU Global Therapy Area VPs, Heads of, Directors and other Leadership personnel within other functions.The individual for this role must have the ability to effectively partner, influence and challenge key Stakeholders to gain support for and fully leverage GCO Content Centre. The individual must also ensure satisfaction and ongoing continuous improvement of existing Commercial Content provision as well as the expansion of Content/Campaign Packs. The director also has a key role to explore Content opportunities where redundancy and reuse across the enterprise can benefit from the content centre approach.
The Director, GC requires strong leadership skills, business acumen and cultural awareness to develop and motivate their respective direct and indirect team members.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ongoing communication around GCO business strategy/ initiatives to GPPS/OBU Global functional Leadership.Leverage reporting and utilization metrics to communicate overall adoption of GCO services.Where there are gaps, work with Leadership to identify opportunities for improvement to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the Marketing process.
- Proactively Identifies potential new content capabilities scanning the external and internal environment to support operational/value expansion. Partners with the organization to build alignment to the opportunity and implements with the team.
- Accountable for identifying and understanding global promotional campaign context and timing across the portfolio to enable GCO to provide innovative operational capabilities that ensure consistent value delivery and timely delivery to support the overall AZ business direction.
- Accountable for ensuring a constant flow of high quality, reusable assets into Content Centre, keeping the value and interest in Content Centre high and providing great value to the Global Brand Teams and the local markets.
- Accountable to partner with GPPS/OBU Marketing Teams and the Global Delivery Managers to improve efficiency and effectiveness across Content initiatives by supporting new ways of working utilizing GCO Content Centre services.
- Requires strong leadership, communication, project management and critical thinking skills along with high cultural awareness to effectively lead and deliver successful Global Content projects supported by a globally based multi-cultural team.
- Ensures all necessary communications and change management activities are delivered to the GPPS/OBU Marketing Teams and there is close integration for localized production of Content Centre material via the Global production team.
- Support Snr Director with the reporting and measurement of reuse from Content Centre and shape the reporting with the reporting team to meet the needs of the business.
- Support Snr Director with the development of the strategy for the Content Centre platform to keep the curation and distribution of content relevant, timely and to make identification simple for the users.
Strategic Leadership and Metrics Support
- Requires strong leadership and communication, along with high cultural awareness to effectively lead and develop GC Engagement within key stakeholder networks.
- Requires strong partnering with GDM’s provide end to end delivery of content on time, from GPPS/OBU/GBTs through to local marketing teams to enable reuse of materials (‘end to end’ being across the different stakeholder groups that will support content development).
- Validates, analyses, and interprets brand aligned Content Centre dashboard metrics to the Production partner and provides insight on the utilisation metrics and defines approaches to improve outcomes.
Planning, Prioritisation & Delivery
- Understands the status of promotional assets in the Content Centre process and provides accurate and timely views of the teams to prioritize and understand portfolio trade-off decisions regarding leveraging of available partner capacity
- Conducts quality reviews of the asset portfolio, validates timing and complexity attributes, and interfaces with asset owners to identify/clarify gaps in asset portfolio based on GPPS/OBU or Global Brand team calendar needs.
- Maintains the Brand prioritisation and engagement status
- Continually looks for ways to improve our Content Delivery processes so that Content Centre receives high-quality content as quickly as possible for local markets to use.
- Strives for high quality, fast speed and low cost whilst ensuring excellent service.
- Takes part in the development and implementation of new processes needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, market dynamics and major AZ business drivers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer focus and organizational awareness
- Proven stakeholder management. Demonstrated ability to build credibility and relationships with internal and external stakeholders and facilitate leadership discussions
- High capabilities in working collaboratively, strategic thinking and problem solving using communication styles that are appropriate for the situation and stakeholders
- Ability to organise and structure demand information in a way that is easy to communicate and understand
- Proficiency in technology platforms and the ability to manipulate reports in excel and conduct analytics to support planning and decision-making.
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience in brand planning, marketing, pharmaceutical sales, information services and/or healthcare-related fields; experience as a member of a brand team a plus.
- Previous experience of working with Global teams
- Understanding of the Asset approval and review processes.
- Asset development experience, agency experience and/or brand team experience
- Prior experience and proficiency with major GCO platforms and processes
- Credentialed strategic project management experience
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
TO FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY FOR THIS ROLE CLICK THE APPLY NOW BUTTON BELOW