Seequent is a world leader in the development of geoscience software. We believe a better understanding of the Earth leads to a better world for all. Our employees work across six continents, in 11 locations, spanning the environmental, mining, civil engineering, and energy industries.
Our solutions enable customers to connect and communicate data, so they can make better decisions for people and the planet. Our diverse teams include geo-professionals, software engineers, salespeople, and marketing specialists. Our people help customers solve the complex problems of today -- and work towards the bigger solutions of tomorrow.
A Segment Marketing Manager is accountable for the marketing strategy and the execution of this plan in the Environment and Energy Industries. This position will work closely with the Segment Directors, Solution Directors, other Segment and Solution Marketing Managers, Product Owners and Managers and the rest of the marketing team to develop and execute strategic marketing initiatives. This role will require a strong strategic marketer who can balance the marketing strategy to support growth of Seequent in industry as well as having a strong solution and product marketing focus.
You will be responsible for building go-to-market plans and taking new products to market as well as the strategy and planning for solution marketing. As the Segment Marketing Manager, you are a primary advocate and the domain expert for your segments, and you ensure the voice of the customer and region is consistently front of mind in everything you do. It is imperative that you exhibit collaborative behaviors, working with other Segment and Solution Marketing Managers to align on your respective marketing plans, as it’s the intersection of the vertical market (segment) and the horizontal enabling solution that Seequent desires to ensure we have a multi-dimensional lens to our planning and execution. It is also critical that you can influence senior leaders in the business and work as a trusted advisor to the Market Development Team.
This position can be located in Marlow, United Kingdom, Toronto, Canada or Christchurch, New Zealand.
Product, Solution and Industry Marketing
- Value – work with the Segment and Solution Directors, Solution Marketing Managers, Marketing Team, and Product Managers to define and communicate clear value propositions to new and existing customers based on relevant product and solution positioning
- Go-to-market – take responsibility for building and executing the go-to-market plans and marketing strategy in conjunction with the Segment and Solution Directors, aligning to the company’s business plans and the wider Marketing Team.
- Engage – work with the wider marketing team to engage new and existing users at each stage of the customer journey. This includes partnering with the marketing team to deliver sales enablement material such as battle cards, case studies and demonstration videos or lead generation campaigns such as online advertisements or videos.
Marketing strategy and execution
- Marketing strategy – You will take direct ownership of the Segment marketing strategy and drive initiatives which enable achievement of commercial targets. This will be achieved by partnering with the Segment and Solution Directors, Other Segment and Solution Marketing Managers, and Product Managers on upcoming release content, understanding key personas and development of commercial targets.
- Execution – You will work with the Segment and Solution Directors, Segment & Solution Marketing Managers, and wider marketing team to execute and continuously iterate on an innovative and effective marketing strategy that is closely tied to the Segment commercial strategy. This role also requires an all-rounder, who is experienced in delivering multi-touch, integrated campaigns.
- Sales enablement – You will play a key role in supporting the customer facing teams in selling Seequent products and solutions. This will mean creation of critical sales enablement materials and supporting the upskilling of staff on products, solutions and market intelligence.
Leadership and collaboration
- Leadership – take ownership and drive your assigned projects by collaborating with other people and teams across Seequent.
- Stakeholder management & collaboration – build productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. In particular, the Segment and Solution Marketing team, the Segment and Solution Directors, Product Managers, the wider Marketing team and the regional teams
- Team focus – collaboration across departments, timezones, products and solutions is paramount. This role requires someone to be passionate about working as a team to deliver best possible outcomes
- Values – Champion the company values and incorporate them in all that you do
- User journey – working collaboratively with the Segment and Solution Directors and the wider Marketing and Customer experience team to define each stage of the user journey and work to design an engaging experience which acquires and retains new and existing users.
- Customer segmentation – working collaboratively with the Segment and Solution Directors and the wider Marketing and customer experience team to segment users at each stage of the user journey by designing, collecting and analysing relevant user and engagement data. Use this data to deliver effective targeted marketing and sales communications.
- Customer feedback – use gathered customer feedback to validate or drive change in the Segment marketing strategy or the various user journeys.
- Market Research/Intelligence – research current and prospective markets, monitor market trends and identify potential future opportunities.
Compliance and documentation
- Data – marketing data captured is to be documented and stored appropriately in line with local regulations.
- Content – ensure that marketing content is correct and meets any statutory requirements.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have:
- A suitable tertiary qualification in Business, Marketing, or any other business-related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in a mid to senior level marketing position in a fast-paced and dynamic B2B business environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Sense of urgency and resourcefulness
- Can-do attitude
- The ability to work independently as well as with others
- Experience with B2B Marketing
Inclusion + Diversity
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience.
If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Please provide details in your cover letter of any accommodations needed.
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today with a covering letter and CV.