Job Title: Editorial Project Manager
Salary: £32k-£35k plus 10% bonus
Currently recruiting for a fantastic organisation that lead the way with standards and compliance across the UK and multiple industries.
This role is to manage the delivery of a portfolio of projects that provide tailored solutions for clients from a diverse range of market sectors. This typically involves managing the drafting, development and publication of projects.
This role will suit candidates with a proven ability to deliver multiple projects to client expectations, on budget, to schedule and to an expected level of quality.
- Manage complex and challenging projects from initiation to completion in line with agreed budgets/allocated days, schedules and quality criteria.
- Agree project scope and schedule with client and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on progress towards targets.
- Proactively lead on solving problems
- Ensure complete financial management of client-sponsored projects
- Deliver client and stakeholder value by providing high quality standardization products and services
- Apply and advise project stakeholders on editing, through the critical analysis of technical content, use of editorial and rewriting skills
- Review, assess, edit and proofread draft client-sponsored projects
- Conduct research into stakeholders and relevant projects
- Arrange and manage stakeholder meetings,
- Brief and liaise with the Production team, external designer, external printer and external translator to produce publications
- Review new business cases and proposals to identify potential project issues and conduct pre-project analysis of expected resource requirements and project timelines
- Effectively manage relationship with external stakeholders and project suppliers
- Effectively manage relationship with internal stakeholders, such as the Standards Market Development sector teams and the Standards Solutions team
- Identify and notify of new business opportunities.
- Engage the Marketing and Public Relations teams where necessary to promote publications.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience of technical editing and rewriting
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- Experience of facilitating group work at different corporate levels
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- The ability to draft content with technical experts
- Excellent communication skills, with the confidence to deal with multiple audiences at a senior level, including challenging conversations
- Ability to understand customer requirements