The company provides news and insight for the global communications industry, through the written word, video and face-to-face events. They are now seeking an editor who relishes the challenges of operating across all these platforms. The core audience are senior executives of global telecom operators who rely on the company for business information.
This role will be London office based but will involve extensive travel to their own events and other industry events on a global basis.
As with many B2B publishers, their events business is now their most important revenue stream, and so they expect the editorial role to reflect this.
It will include, but not be limited to:
- predominantly short news articles (250-400 words)
- content for commercial partners
- content to support events, including interviews and profiles
- supporting the marketing team with content
- leading on the defining of award categories and criteria
- They are active on platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. The editor is expected to enhance and develop social media presence.
- Most video is produced at their own events and is created to support their sponsors and for use in marketing.
- This role will include presenting / interviewing for video.
- They will expect this role to encompass chairing some events or sessions at conferences (and in the virtual world, webinars) and taking part in judging for awards.
INSIGHT & SUPPORT:
- Editors are well connected with the industry and should use this knowledge to help steer themes and potential commercial partners.
- You should on occasion accompany the sales team for some meetings.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong undergraduate degree (minimum) in a business or technically focused discipline
- Minimum two years editorial experience
- Flexible approach and a can-do attitude
- Willingness to travel as required
- An interest in technology is desirable
- Proven ability to write quick and accurately
- Confident approach
- Ability to work effectively independently