Are you an experienced B2B journalist with an interest in working for a global publisher of specialised medical news that also delivers world-class medical education and market research consultancy in the medical devices sector?
This company's digital and print titles are designed to deliver top notch, practice-changing news and education to medical communities in the vascular, cardiovascular, interventional, neuro, renal, spinal and cardiac rhythm management fields. They engage and interact with their specialist communities via their websites, enewsletters, live and on-demand digital education projects, printed newspapers, and social media channels. The company also organises and delivers year-round medical education via livestream and on-demand channels.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Editor to work within their in-house editorial team to independently write news articles for the website, enewsletters and publications.
* The editor will be responsible for creating and managing the content schedule and production cycle of one or two of our key publications.
* Writing, editing and commissioning content, organising layout and sending quarterly medical newspapers to print
* Updating websites and social media channels on a regular basis
* Interviewing key thought-leaders in the field
* Liaising with directors, editors-in-chief and external organisations, interviewing key though-l
* Working with and mentoring junior members of the editorial team
Skills and Experience:
Experience using InDesign and Photoshop is desirable. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are particularly important as the role involves working with physicians, editorial board members and industry partners, as well as internal staff.
Experience of working in a publishing environment is also essential and meticulous attention to detail and excellent organisation skills are essential.
This role requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to produce a variety of timely, relevant, accurate, highly polished medical articles and projects from news to corporate communications across print and digital media.
The ideal applicant will have the ability to work to tight deadlines, often putting together content for print and web at short notice. They should be highly organised and used to multitasking and have a keen interest in medical news.
The role also requires direct interaction with physicians as well as industry professionals to help raise brand awareness and boost advertising sales and sponsored content. The successful candidate must therefore be approachable and comfortable communicating and collaborating with high-level individuals.
If you are a highly motivated journalist looking for your next challenge then make sure that you apply today!