***This role will be primarily remote with the need to go to the Crewe office 1-2 days a week***
As E-commerce Trading Manager, you will be responsible for maximising the online potential of the site and Marketplaces (Amazon / Ebay) by improving sales, margin and conversion performance and identifying opportunities for growth. You’ll have the ideas to know what to go after, the skills to know where to trade, the attention to detail to know what’s working, and the motivation to make it all happen.
- Create and manage a trading plan that allows the business to hit their sales & margin targets
- Work with the buying and marketing teams to plan new launches, brand stores and online specific campaigns
- Analyse KPI metrics to maximise sales opportunities. Review weekly sales data, summarising and highlighting any changes in sales patterns to relevant stakeholders in addition to providing recommendations and advising on corrective measures where necessary
- Develop a strong understanding of the current market, competitor activity and highlight opportunities
- Be the driving force behind creating innovative ways to merchandise products and improve the customer experience
- Be a leader and coach for a small team to encourage personal development
- Excellent commercial and functional knowledge of trading an online retail business
- Strong analytical skills e.g. Google analytics, Excel, commercial and financial acumen
- Proven history of driving sales growth in an online business
- Comfortable challenging others and able to influence the wider business
- Ability to see new opportunities, developing hypotheses, analysing the results and effectively communicating the outcome and recommendations
- Resilient to facing problems, identifying root cause and a determination to reach resolution
- Capable of building strong cross-team relationships
- A team leader capable of developing and sustaining an energized and effective team
- High attention to detail
- Experience of online Marketplaces is desirable
- Knowledge of Magento 2 would be advantageous
- Experience in an Omnichannel retail business may be beneficial
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.