£40,000 - 42,000
This is an opportunity to work for a leaning consumer electronics business based in Surrey.
Working within the online team who are building a new commercial function - this role is to lead the merchandising activities . The role will be focused on driving online sales across these products, through delivering best practice online execution, including product life cycle management, optimising sales, analysing performance, conducting AB tests and working closely with the content team.
- Day to day trading of the category to maximise sales and profit
- Merchandising product daily based upon sales trends and promotional calendar
- Delivering an online experience that showcases the quality of products
- Owning the merchandising of the category, including executing all relevant promotions on time and reflecting the customer plan
- Owning product workflow, to ensure that the correct products are displayed with the relevant imagery and content
- Commercially leverage content to drive sales
- Ensure the category is legally compliant
- Competitor analysis and take reactive action as required to maintain our agreed market positioning.
- Production of trading analysis and recommendations in conjunction with commercial and analytical teams
- Optimising the taxonomy.
- Identify potential development requirements.
Soft Skills (e.g. driven, adaptable, self awareness, executional focus, entrepreneurial flair)
- Organisational skills
- Eye for detail.
- Flexible and proactive with change.
- Communication - Clear and concise, influential
- Analytical - able to digest and understand numbers and determine their meaning
- Target driven & able to work under pressure - detail oriented
Hard Skills: (e.g. Specific industry background, Length of service in relevant role etc...,)
- 3 years + experience working in an online trading role - ideally within retail or a consumer electronics brand
- Able to demonstrate successfully growing sales in a pragmatic manner.
- Ideally experience of trading/working with either of the Hybris or Adobe E-Commerce platforms
- Basic copy writing and photoshop skills desirable.
- Analytical - experience of using GA and Omniture
To be successful in this role you ideally have:-
(Please state the amount of industry experience required, skills required, academics and professional qualifications).
- Customer centric approach
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Strong IT skills
- Strong marketing knowledge
If you feel you have the right experience and capabilities for this role please send your CV with a short summer of your relevant skill set via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We receive a high number of applications daily and will only respond to those who look to be a good fit on paper so please take the time tweak your CV to highlight your most relevant skill set before applying.