We are currently looking for a Director of Global Events to join a leading membership organisation. Reporting into the Chief Executive you will be a key member of the SLT and be responsible for all global events. This role will be responsible for delivering a suite of high quality, innovative and topical events, which provide up to the minute relevant technical, business and professional development content. The events are run on a commercial basis, but with quality of content and delivery paramount.
- Develop event strategy and content - product development and market research
- Responsible for the event development and growth strategy.
- Liaise and collaborate with other members of the Senior Leadership Team including Policy & Technical and heads of function to ensure that face-to-face event and digital event design and delivery helps to support the broader strategic objectives
- Track developments in the events market to ensure they are constantly evaluating what we do and remaining relevant
- Provide strong leadership to the team
- Support the Conference programme managers in developing new conference formats and product ideas
- Extensive experience of delivering large scale (500+ delegates) global, multi-sponsored events and exhibitions, ideally with exposure to finance, treasury, banking and financial markets, or legal or other professional services
- strong leadership and communication skills, with the confidence and proven ability to manage and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders, senior level partners, customers and supplier relationships
- strong and developed entrepreneurial and commercial aptitude, with excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- motivated self-starter with ability to work without supervision and set and uphold high professional standards, whilst meeting multiple and concurrent deadlines across a number of projects
- ability to identify, develop and roll out financially successful events from concept to completion, with a clear understanding of, and sharp focus on, the core drivers of event profitability
- strong experience supporting and working alongside sponsorship, sales and marketing teams, with an understanding of the importance of, and expertise in, developing good business research and trend analysis skills
- strong track record in identifying, validating and launching new conference topics