Director of Communications – Fintech – Manchester City Centre - £130,000
TOP JOB ALERT! Take the baton and run as the Director of Communications for an exciting Manchester City Centre based Fintech business and play a fundamental role in the brand's future!
Our client is a high-flying, forward-thinking Fintech business who are certainly going to rustle a few feathers in the industry they operate in. This is an incredibly exciting, exclusive opportunity at an award-winning business that has carved itself an impeccable reputation through delivering high levels of customer satisfaction and cutting-edge work. As they continue on their growth journey, they are now searching for a Director of Communications to map out their full-scale communications strategy across all touchpoints, both internally and externally.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the triumphant candidate will be a natural-born leader who is highly experienced in developing an innovative and creative communications strategy for a prestigious brand. The Director of Communications must radiate gravitas and be able to translate highly intellectual content into a voice that will gain respect and backing from consumers and stakeholders.
Enjoy an attractive benefits package in return for your hard work! Keep reading…
Main Roles and Responsibilities of the Director of Communications:
- Communicate and engage with both internal and external audiences to convey their brand vision and business priorities.
- Responsible for the managing and delivery of the full-scale communications strategy which influences positive contributions to the business and its key stakeholders.
- Lead and inspire the communications team in high performance, accountability and cross organisational working.
- Deliver cutting-edge solutions that meet the business's current and future vision, defining the personality of the organisation.
- Maintain the business’ solid reputation by painting a positive picture of the organisation to external stakeholders through PR, online communications and social media.
- Lead and define the communications framework for the full business which conveys the business strategy and key motivations to all audiences.
- Ensure communications span over a variety of touchpoints balancing online and offline channels to maximise the effectiveness of communications.
- Establish a communications plan which allows managers to deliver consistent and aligned messages.
- Held accountable for corporate announcements, also advising on proactive crisis communications.
- Develop and embed feedback mechanisms that will collect richer audience data and insights that shape the communication approach and inform management decision making.
- Work collaboratively with operations and HR to develop people engagement activities in areas such as employee relations, employer branding, and reward and recognition.
- Respond effectively and efficiently to media inquiries, in line with agreed media protocols, to ensure a strong relationship is fostered with mediocrities.
- Pinpoint where external agencies are necessary to support PR and communications.
- Responsible for all communications budget management and ensure all spending achieves the best returns for the business.
- Collaborate with other in house teams such as marketing and design teams to ensure communications are consistent throughout all touchpoints.
The Ideal Candidate:
- An experienced PR and Communications professional, ideally with experience in corporate affairs, who has dealt with regulatory stakeholders, policymakers and national media.
- A degree or background in English, Journalism, Politics or another related subject is highly advantageous.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Very academic with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent with strategic planning and delivery with the ability to leverage the function to its maximum potential.
- Diligent and tenacious with excellent attention to detail.
- Someone who loves to think outside the box and always looking for new ways of working, exploring best practice and delivering imaginative and innovative approaches to communications.
- Understands and can debate financial measures, plans, and performance.
- Proven track record of success in other organisations.
- A people person with a track record in change management.
- Self-reliant and resilient.
Do you think you have the skills and knowledge required to dominate this brand's communications strategy and play an integral role in shaping their brand? We would love to hear from you! Apply today! Get in touch on 0161 833 1044 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!