As a leading Brand and Innovation company with global reach, we are looking for sharp minds with great intuition and a daring attitude. Curious people who get a real buzz from getting deep consumer insights in vibrant and diverse cultures, making them the foundations of rigorous strategy. An infectious passion for challenging the status quo and a real drive to help a company grow on a global scale.
We are a London based brand and innovation company known for being curious, daring, intuitive and challenging conventions for the biggest global consumer, finance and retail brands. With a newly opened office in NYC and strong tractions in the US market we are now looking to welcome a driven team of brand specialists led by an inspirational Director in NYC. Are you our American Butterfly?
As a Brand & Innovation Director you will have strong commercial experience to build and develop the Butterfly team in the US. You will initially spend your immersion time in London to learn our tools and our culture before heading to run our New York office. You will take joint P&L responsibility and will be working and receiving support from Butterfly’s Founder and the London MD & FD, as well as working closely with your London colleagues who will spend regular stints in the US to support the growth and deliver strategic & innovation projects.
This is a hugely exciting role to build and develop our NYC office. Agency experience is a must but this can come from a brand consultancy, innovation or research background.
Your role would include:
- Being a fundamental part of the management team, driving the growth plans of Butterfly on a global scale.
- Initially, co-managing but then ultimately accountable for the P&L of the NYC office as well as overseeing day to day operations.
- Developing and executing strategic growth plans.
- Leading business development (current clients and new ones) and marketing activities.
- Recruitment, management and development of a team of brand & innovation consultants.
- Accountability for delivering US and global brand strategy and innovation projects for some of the biggest names in FMCG, Retail or Finance, working collaboratively and inspiring your strategy, creative and research team members in London and NYC.
- Bringing a fresh point of view to our clients challenges, and helping ensure Butterfly are always ahead of the curve in terms of knowledge, tools and insight.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have built a strong reputation for having delivered exceptional work for leading international brand & innovation consultancies for 10-15 years and/or in the marketing and innovation function on the client side.
- You have strong agency experience from a brand consultancy, innovation or research background.
- Well-connected, you have a strong track record of delivering a consistent stream of revenue through developing client relationships and proactively winning projects with new clients.
- You have strong commercial capabilities and experience in running a P&L.
- You have strong experience managing and nurturing a growing and ambitious team
- You love international work and like to travel; you a sense of excitement delivering research in Emerging Markets.
- You want your strong entrepreneurial spirit to make a real impact on a growing company that you will shape and transform for the best.
- Ability to set high standards for written and verbal communication of English with other languages being a plus.
We believe in the power of Emotions. Butterfly was born with the idea that emotions drive our behavior. We were founded 2009 with the clear ambition of becoming a leading brand strategy and innovation company with an expertise in building emotional connections between brands and consumers.
What also makes us different is that half of our strategic or innovation work takes place in the most fascinating emerging markets around the word, from Mexico to Russia. The Butterfly team, currently 40 and growing, truly reflect this diversity: over 20 languages can be heard within our studio!
The Butterfly nest is on The River Thames in SW London and we now also have our office across the pond in Manhattan NYC with great ambitions to spread our wings even further. There is still a strong start-up atmosphere within Butterfly valuing entrepreneurship, ownership and growth. We’ve got bags of experience, but we’re still fascinated by new trends, new directions and we are more than ever fueled by a sense of curiosity about the world.