Director The Horse Rangers Association (Hampton Court) Ltd
Salary c£50,000 + benefits The Royal Mews, Hampton Court Rd, Molesey, Surrey KT8 9BW
The Horse Rangers Association (Hampton Court) is a young people’s charity supporting personal development by teaching the management and riding of horses, as well as supporting young riders and vulnerable adults with special needs who participate in Riding for the Disabled lessons during the week.
Founded in 1954 by Raymond Gordon, the charity moved to The Royal Mews, Hampton Court during the 1960s. The founder’s vision was to enable young people, who would not otherwise have the opportunity, to learn, look after and ride horses. From early in the charity’s existence, this included young people with disabilities and in 1975 HRA (Hampton Court) became a member group of the Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA). The current Royal Patron is HRH Princess Michael of Kent.
The new Director, in addition to leading and managing the charity’s daily work and output, will play a key role in developing the strategy to ensure the delivery of the Founder's vision and values. The trustees are therefore seeking applicants, inspired by the charity’s purpose, who have the motivation and energy to make a positive difference to the lives and experience of young people and are able to take the charity forward with confidence into a future which is likely to include a move from the present site.
To meet the requirements of this most exciting and fulfilling position, applicants should be able to demonstrate that they meet the following skill and experience requirements:
- Educated to degree level or professional equivalent.
- Have run a business and/or achieved demonstrable success in significant leadership and management roles.
- Strategic vision, sound judgement, adaptability, entrepreneurship, stamina and resilience.
- Inspirational leadership and communication skills, able to work effectively and harmoniously with trustees, staff, supporters, donors and other external organisations and bodies.
- Experience and knowledge of estate and stable management.
- Experience of the charity sector and a natural commitment to the wellbeing of others.
- Established event management and fundraising skills.
- Highly developed relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office.
HRA (Hampton Court) is an equal opportunities employer and this position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For further information and to apply please download further details of the position from www.maryleboneexecutivesearch.com/jobs.
Apply online by submitting your CV along with a personal statement addressing the person specification. For an informal confidential discussion call Keith Ridland on 07775 675891 or 020 3126 4848 or Richard Evans on 07958 984161.
Closing date for applications: 26 February 2018
Longlist Interviews: w/c 5 March 2018
Candidate visits: As arranged.
Final Panel Interviews & Presentation: w/c 9 Apr 2018
To find out more about HRA (Hampton Court) Ltd visit www.www.horserangers.com