Direct Marketing Manager (Client side Charity) – Central London - to £40k
Are you an agency Senior Account Manager who fancies working on the client side?
If you are this is an amazing opportunity to work for one of the UK’s most loved charity accounts in a Direct Marketing Manager role.
The role is a fixed term contract for 12 months to cover maternity leave but it could go permanent thereafter.
Client side Direct Marketing Managers can of course also apply!
Every day brings new challenges at this charity!
In the role you will take responsibility for the delivery of donor appeal related acquisition direct marketing campaign activity.
Campaigning activity will include direct mail, door drops, inserts, some digital campaigning and the development of the charity’s gaming products. You will also have responsibility for one direct report (a Senior Acquisition Direct Marketing Officer).
You will support the Senior Acquisition Direct Marketing Manager, contributing to the departmental strategy, producing budget forecasts and assessment and reporting on campaign activity.
The role is fast paced which is why it would suit an agency account handler as well as an existing Direct Marketing Manager – and it’s a truly lovely place to work and great fun too!
This role also offers you a great work/life balance – there are no really long hours here.
Key Role Responsibilities
To strategically manage direct marketing agencies and specifically:
- Manage agencies and suppliers, ensuring that contracts are in place, that campaign/ project objectives are clearly communicated and that both client and agency are aware of their roles and responsibilities. This will include written briefs, procedures and post campaign evaluation
- To prepare for and attend meetings with fundraising agencies and suppliers as appropriate.
- To monitor appeal income and produce specific reports using SAS and the CRM for campaign analysis.
- To undertake any other projects as required by the Senior Acquisition Direct Marketing Manager and Deputy Director.
- To supervise the Senior Acquisition Direct Marketing Officer in campaign delivery and setting objectives, undertaking regular performance reviews and 1:1s.
- Extensive experience of direct marketing (ideally within a charity or agency environment)
- Significant experience of running print acquisition campaigns such as direct mail, inserts and door drops
- Proven organisational, project and time management skills, demonstrating effective team working and supporting others to deliver to agreed standards.
- Ability to manage own workload and to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, to a range of people at different levels within the organisation.
- Demonstrable line management experience
- Numerate and intermediate excel level (confident in collating and delivering weekly/monthly/quarterly DM reports)
- Great attention to detail
- Any previous client side experience would be great to have but it ISN’T required
Salary & Benefits
The salary is up to £40k so it would suit a Senior Account Manager or a Senior Account Manager who is on the cusp of Account Director.
Additional benefits include 30 days holiday; early Friday finishes and much, much more!
Amazing charity, fantastic role, Senior Account Managers and Direct Marketing Managers please send us your CVs today!
If this role is not what you’re looking for, then don’t worry. At Fill Recruitment we specialise in all agency positions. We are currently recruiting for account handlers at Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Account Director, Senior Account Director and Group Account Director Levels.
If you would like to find out more please visit our website: www.fillrecruitment.com