Digital Product Owner
This is an opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing Retail Fintech businesses in the UK. In the last three years, they've grown from 50 people to 300, and outgrown 3 offices and partner with extremely exciting portfolio of online retail brands.
This person will report directly to the Senior Digital Product Manager for the Co-Brands team. The Product and Digital team are responsible for Product Management, Proposition Development, Existing Customer Management and Digital Programmes for the Co-Brand Portfolios which consist of best in class, top tier retail brands and e-commerce platforms.
The role holder will be responsible for the on-time delivery of 2 key strategic digital products. Supported by a scrum team, the Digital Product Owner will be focused on leading, planning and executing digital changes. These changes result in closer digital integration for both new and existing partners, which will ultimately lead to us welcoming more customers.
Risk, control and governance will form a key part of the role holders focus, as they ensure that delivery occurs in a controlled and structured way.
In addition to delivery, the role holder will own the development roadmap as ongoing optimisation of the digital products will be key. The products will be deployed across a number of exciting brands and effective delivery of this will require strong working relationships across a number of internal and external stakeholders. The role holder will be a key figure within the engagement model. As a result, it is expected that he role holder has an in-depth understanding of APIs, the solution design, UX and has strong commercial acumen.
It is also expected that the role holder will have a robust and credible understanding of Financial Services Digital customer experience (including new customer acquisition, servicing and transactions), alongside experience in the Credit Card/Loans/POS market place.
Internally the Digital Product Owner will form a strong working partnership with Co-Brand Client Managers and their Retail Partners, Marketing, Operational and Change teams, all of whom will be key in supporting the Digital Programmes. It is expected that the role holder will be capable of managing up and influencing to a senior level, engaging executive level stakeholders in progress updates.
- New Product Development experience with evidence of bringing digital programmes to market that meet business case expectations.
- Robust understanding of digital customer experience (and optimisation) covering new customer acquisition, transacting and servicing.
- Product Management Experience in Lending Product set (Credit Cards, Loans, POS).
- Experience in managing strategic digital change programmes in a demanding environment to tight deadline - ideally working across internal functions to deliver plans and through external Partnership channels.
- A strong track record in building and managing third party relationships.Strategic relationship management skills will be essential for the success of this role.
- A track record of delivery within a scrum using an iterative/agile methodology (e.g. Agile/SCRUM) and experience of agile collaboration tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira, Confluence).
- Ability to pre-empt potential risks and undertake appropriate mitigation actions.
- The ability to contribute to the continual improvement of the Project team, including ideas for new processes and methodologies.
- Strong digital capabilities and deep understanding of how digital solutions can improve customer experiences as well as application and conversion rates.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - oral/written communication, collaboration & influencing skills
- Ability to influence and manage at all levels of the business
- Dynamic and highly motivated
- Entrepreneurial and a problem solver, strong command of numbers and analytics
- Team player willing to get stuck in and roll their sleeves up
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Maintains high standards of personal integrity whilst respecting diverse viewpoints
- Ability to identify relevant industry standards and emerging opportunities
- Relevant subject matter expert knowledge including regulatory knowledge in credit card marketing
- Ability to work unsupervised when needed, with high level of self-motivation.
- Good organisation and planning skills.
If you feel you have the right skills and capability for this role, please apply with your CV. If your CV is selected for shortlist you will be contacted. Apologies if you are not contacted, due to a high number of applicants we will only be contacting those who are selected.