Better Placed are delighted to be working exclusively with Barber of Sheffield in Barnsley who are on the lookout for a Digital Merchandiser to join the team. Barber of Sheffield are a well established business having over 25 years experience of manufacturing and supplying the Veterinary and Medical markets, offering a vast range of specialised surgical needles. Over the last 10 years the company has experienced strong growth and has diversified into the distribution of Body Art products, becoming the largest distributor in Europe.
Reporting to the Head of Digital & Marketing, this role will be responsible for developing and delivering the Digital Development Roadmap and Marketing trading calendar.
- Improve Digital KPI's through the use of analytics, liaising with key personnel and by keeping up to date with industry best practice and changes.
- Effectively Merchandise the Barber DTS UK and translated websites using both data and internal knowledge to improve the onsite experience for the customer, taking a mobile first approach.
- Add and remove products to the websites in line with the business requirements.
- Update the website(s) with the agreed campaigns that reflect the Marketing calendar (including banners, discount promotions and any required functionality).
- Support the Head of Digital with website optimisation workstreams such as development improvements (and AB/MV testing to drive performance improvements.
- Work cross functionally to create product and category content for the website(s) and Social Media.
- Own the on-page SEO by working closely with the SEO agency to develop and implement all on page SEO improvements.
- Support the Head of Digital with website real estate planning and development.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good understanding of Magento (or alternative ecommerce platform).
- Experience in improving website/digital experiences.
- Must have a positive attitude and be a good team player.
- Customer focussed with an innovative and proactive approach.
- Good numerical/analytic skills and a focus on driving performance improvements.
- Hardworking with good attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- PC literate with good MS skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Better Placed is undoubtedly one of the UK's leading Marketing Recruitment specialists. Over the last 15 years, we have been placing talented people into businesses across multiple sectors including FMCG, Retail, Financial Services and Agency. With offices in Leeds, London and Manchester, we are "better placed" to recruit marketing and digital talent for some of the UK's, and even world's biggest brands.
To discuss these opportunities in more detail please apply with your latest CV or speak to Louisa at Better Placed Recruitment via 01132364040 / firstname.lastname@example.org. All Third Party and Direct Applications will be forwarded to Better Placed for consideration.