Digital Marketing Manager
We are looking for an exceptional digital marketer, who has a demonstrable track record in digital strategy and delivery. You will currently be working in the Premier League of consumer brands, where you will have been trained to an exceptionally high level ideally in a multi-site retail business, but you now want to make a move into the world of sport, in particular, football.
This is an opportunity to work for an established football operations brand, a boutique football operator, particularly in small sided 5, 6 and 7-a-side but more and more across all formats of the game. Their products and services are wide and varied to meet the needs of a highly fragmented and discerning customer, all with the common objective of delivering a great football experience. They have brand partnerships with premium household names and are set to add more as they build their value proposition.
This is a new role with the remit to establish first class digital capability.
Despite their heritage, they behave as a challenger brand: agile, collaborative, commercial, forward thinking, disruptive. Whilst protecting this DNA, they are a transitional brand, redefining some of the foundations in order to build reputation and be fit for future business opportunity.
They have some serious growth ambitions and a senior management team that can deliver them. Marketing strategy is the heartbeat of the business and the digital age requires a serious digital capability and culture. They want a Consumer centric manager, to develop our digital competence and ruthlessly drive Acquisition, UX, Conversion, data management, marketing automation and player community monetisation by implementing the most effective technical solutions and media choices. Furthermore have the presence and ambition to drive change within an organisation.
You will need to have a broad scope of expertise across social media, email marketing, owned websites and analytics, while being an SEO expert. Strategic in approach but able to implement with rigour. A sound understanding of the technical foundations, but be able to communicate them in a digestible and understandable manner.
They operate at pace and with real purpose so you are going to need bags of energy, drive, capacity and an outstanding ability to multi task. But you will also be a considered and analytical marketer with high attention to detail, being able to see all the trees in the wood but also the ability to see the wood from the trees.
Understanding what makes a difference and embracing it. You will be collaborative and above all you will have a "can do" attitude, providing solutions to any problems. You will have the skills to operate within a disciplined and strategic framework but with the freedom to express yourself and be autonomous. Finally, you understand football, its emotions, its opinions and its language. You will have probably got this from playing social or competitive football or having a team you follow and support.
This job won't appeal to everyone but to some candidates it will really appeal, you will know this is what you want. This is one of those few chances to be a digital marketer in the world of football.
Working within the overall brand and product strategy, you will head up the development of the digital strategy and plans across the group. You will be an all-round, results based, analytical and commercial digital marketer.
Primary Purpose of the role:
To efficiently and effectively get the brand, products and venues in front of each of their defined player audiences and navigate them to the web site or app, from where they will enquire or purchase at high conversion rates.
- By owning digital strategy you will ensure that all digital activities are fully integrated and pulling in the same direction, regardless of channel or device by ensuring the most efficient media choices are made and investments are optimised.
- By owning implementation, you will ensure that your digital strategy delivers and materially affects business performance.
- By owning analytics, you will ensure that all decisions are evidence based decisions that aim to continually improve digital performance.
- Drive the efficiency of our owned channels ensuring user experience is optimised from awareness to conversion.
- You will have budget responsibility for your plans and clear and relevant KPI's. You will appoint a support team, internal and/or agency to provide necessary bandwidth and complimentary skills.
Some of the near term digital requirements:
- Clear digital strategy for PPC, SEO, Social Media, Paid and Organic, Content and integrated media
- New web To increase customer enquiry (new), engagement (existing) and purchase
- CRM: Data collection and management: An App andCRM system and culture.
- Collect the data into the database
- Develop insight and understanding
- Develop marketing strategy to maximise retention, upselling and reselling
- KPI dash board and analytics
- Monetising our player audience through brand partners and media strategies