You will be working in the Digital Marketing Team, reporting to the Head of Digital Marketing within the broader Commercial organisation. This is a critical role responsible for unlocking revenue and efficiency opportunities through effective data management and analysis. You’ll work closely with the Acquisition and Marketing functions, Business Intelligence, and have exposure to the broader OVO organisation.
You will be responsible for turning large and complex data sets into clear and actionable insight. You will be expected to streamline reporting and develop clearer ways of visualising the most important metrics and trends, as well as proactively seeking fresh insight and opportunity to help take OVO’s digital acquisition to the next level.
What will I be doing?
- Managing reporting to inform weekly commercial meetings
- Creating data models that turn complex and diverse sets of metrics into clear, concise insight
- Proactively crafting stories from data to clearly identify gaps in the market
- Maximising the reporting capabilities of enterprise tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel and Doubleclick tools
- Evaluating marketing channels to create attribution models that determine spend strategy
- Working closely with channel managers within the digital marketing team, providing analytical rigour
- Supporting the Product team in uncovering areas that require conversion optimisation and quantifying results
- Collaborating with Business Intelligence and Financial Insights teams to ensure optimal alignment
- Supporting with evaluation of third party data providers, integrating that data where appropriate
- Developing and improving current data and analytics infrastructures to enrich data even further
- Maintaining, debugging and implementing tracking tags to third-party products via Google Tag Manager
- Working with other marketing channels and stakeholders to make decisions based on data
Do I have what it takes?
- Graduate with a good degree in a number oriented subject
- Experience working as an analyst within a fast paced tech-oriented business sector
- Significant Excel capability, experience with database oriented programming languages a plus
- Commercial acumen, an ability to understand revenue and acquisition opportunities within data
- An ability to start from scratch with your analyses, designing the infrastructure that will yield insight
- A creative approach to problem solving and insight generation
- Be passionate about what you do and highly driven to achieve your professional & personal goals
Ideally you will have…
- Proven track record within a customer centric organisation / industry
- Understanding of how the energy industry works or a hunger to learn
- Experience with website analytics packages, e.g. Google Analytics & MixPanel
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with web tracking systems
- Strong presentation building skills (Google slides)
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise on a daily basis **