Are you a Digital Editor with experience in the Medical or Scientific sector?
This highly regarded medical body with a reach of over 17,000 members are in search of a talented Digital Editor to play an integral role in their digital restructuring strategy.
This is an unmissable opportunity for someone who is ready to hit the ground running and work on transforming jargon heavy medical text into digestible and optimised text. The three main parts of this role are to edit large volumes of content accurately, to optimise said edited content and publishing it online through Sitecore CMS as well as working strategically with the head of content. They are situated close to London Bridge, and offer flexible working as well as a great benefits package.
Role and Responsibilities:
- As the Digital Editor, you will work with the Head of Content and Engagement to deliver a content strategy and plan. You will also work with members and suppliers to deliver relevant and engaging multimedia content, ensuring quality is high, deadlines are met, and objectives delivered within agreed budgets.
- You will edit, produce and re-purpose content, ensuring a joined-up approach to its delivery, while coaching colleagues on editorial and digital best practice.
- Optimise content to ensure it is easy for visitors to understand and navigate and can be found through search engines.
- Measure the effectiveness of content using data and reporting tools, feeding insights back into the content planning process and leading on the design and development of user journeys.
- Implement and oversee work flows that support the creation of error-free, accurate and engaging content, use planning tools to manage content, and provide specialist technical advice and guidance on digital content and channels to colleagues across the organisation, delivering CMS training where required and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Experience in CMS - SiteCore would be ideal but not essential (training can be provided if needed)
- Deep understanding of the latest trends in content development across multiple forms of media.
- Knowledge of researching user needs and designing user journeys.
- Knowledge of how to improve SEO, including using effective copywriting, meta data and URL slugs.
- Worked in a medical or scientific field and used to the type of content that requires editing and optimising.
If this sounds like you, then be sure to apply today!