The Digital Content Author role is based within HSBC's Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) Europe the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Digital as a Channel team (DaaC).
The role of the Digital Content Author is to build out templates from agreed copy within a Collateral Management System (CMS - Adobe AEM). The role requires a creative flare and knowledge of ‘best practice’ in regards to copy placements and use of ‘call to actions buttons’. While the role will not require building and distribution of content through other channels, you will need to know how those channels feed into your pages and ensure a seamless user journey, flagging any inconsistencies or repetition that may transpire during build, communicating effectively to ensure any issues are raised with the Content Strategist to ensure re-alignment across the channels.
This is not a developer role, and requires candidates who are passionate about creating optimal user journeys with a focus on conversion and acquisition.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using Adobe Marketing Cloud tools to publish and review content - specifically using AEM and Adobe Analytics
- Building and optimising required pages based on editorial calendar and other planned initiatives as well as Business as usual (BAU) updates.
- Using data and analytics to further decision making and reporting on effectiveness of content
- Working as a team with Value Added Digital Messaging (VADM) and optimisation colleagues to ensure in page real-estate is marked for their initiatives
- Working with Analytics teams to ensure correct tagging and MI is gathered to review page success
- Overseeing Quality Control in output, identification of key risks, issues and dependencies. Providing appropriate mitigation strategies or escalations.
- Working with Global Digital, regional and in country Digital teams across all brands, and ensuring initiatives are within Legal and Compliance guidelines.
- Ensuring that all HSBC RBWM services offer standout customer experience and fully deliver on our brand promise.
- Executing and delivering of content journeys across the digital channels, to meet global and local needs
- Ensuring that all initiatives (both digital and off-line) are aligned and optimized with speed to market – driving towards delivering agreed Key Performance Indicator (KPI)s/ Return on Investment (ROI)
- Feeding back opportunities where process can be made more efficient (e.g. better component builds, simplified workflows)
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. driving online sales, conversion and customer experience within a B2C e-commerce environment
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. major hi-tech or Fin Tech firms or major retail banks
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. experience delivering localised digital content and distribution across multiple platforms.
- Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. enterprise-scale Content Management Systems (AEM / CQ5 is preferable or similar such as Site Core), Analytics Measurement and Tracking Tools (Adobe Analytics / Omniture / Site Catalyst is preferable)
- Availability to work the shift pattern required for this role, i.e. some (infrequent) out of office hours and on-call support may be required on weekends and nights, to support large launches or urgent content changes on the site.
- Availability to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. the global nature of the DCoE is likely to necessitate some international travel for meetings with stakeholders and occasional workshops lasting multiple days. When operating from the home country, some schedule flexibility will be required to allow for interaction with team members from all regions via video conference.
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of exposure in running multi-variant tests (A/B Tests) and personalised content based on data is desirable but not essential
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. localisation budget and vendor management, as we need to translate content and language in local markets which is provided by 3rd party suppliers is desirable but not essential
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. experience managing multiple projects, priorities and vendors concurrently.
- Strong analytical, project management (Agile) and planning skills is desirable but not essential
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. marketing degree or Professional diplomas or Project Management Certifications (Scrum, Project Management Professional - PMP, Prince 2).
- Fluency in French is highly desirable but not essential
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. experience with content planning and calendars is desirable but not essential
- Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. Jira, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Adobe Test &Target is desirable but not essential
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. an understanding of web technology tools: XML, HTML, Photoshop and automated translation is desirable but not essential
- Proven experience of leading the delivery of an excellent customer service and proactively look for innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Proven experience of successful project management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery
- Experience of personally complying with business processes, rules and regulations
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will understand UI/ UX practices such as page real-estate and copy placement, have a good understanding of SEO, optimisation and content governance. Sitting in the Content Team and reporting into the Head of Content, you will be assigned to multiple projects and BAU and will be expected to manage your own pipeline of work and ensure milestones are met. You will be responsible for ensuring the success of pages by monitoring their performance and optimising.
The base location for this role is Park Street, London.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Key search words: digital, content, strategy, content management system, CMS, optimisation, analytics, user experience, UX, technology, design, copy, marketing, conversion, website, content author, journeys, technical, digital channels, DCOE, localisation, campaign management, content calendar, platforms, mobile, Photoshop, projects, project management, design, agile, development, social, AEM, Adobe, scrum, Jira
Job Field: Digital
Primary Location: Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Shift: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy