Do you have a passion for developing audience-centric, engaging and innovative content?
Do you want to play a key role in delivering our digital content across the department?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then this exciting and unique opportunity as our Digital Communications Manager role is for you, and we’d love to hear from you.
As the Digital Communications Manager you will develop and generate audience-centric, engaging and innovative content to support the department’s communication campaigns and social/digital media channels. You will play a key role in communicating important news and stories to a range of stakeholders in an interesting, engaging and informative way.
You will work closely with colleagues in the Media team, Strategy, Planning & External Relations team and others across communications and with policy colleagues to develop content that adheres to the content strategy and content publishing guidelines.
In this role you will:
- Develop engaging and innovative content across social/digital channels that complies with the content strategy, publishing guidelines and best practice standards
- Build effective relationships with colleagues in the Media team, Strategy, Planning & External Relations team and other communications and policy colleagues to encourage creative thinking in order to develop innovative content of a high standard to support the department’s communication campaigns and current news agenda
- Produce high-quality visual content and edit video and photos
- Contribute to campaigns that reflect the organisation’s priorities, and use experience and creativity to help make these successful
- Provide advice/guidance to colleagues about the content development process in order to share best practice and raise awareness and understanding
- Work with digital and content colleagues to evaluate digital success and use the insight to inform future content development
- Play a proactive role in the Government content community and develop productive relationships with key external stakeholders
You will be a communications specialist with a proven background of developing effective digital and multi-media content suitable for use across a range of digital channels and for a range of audiences.
You will have a flair for creativity to produce content that stands out from the crowd, think on your feet, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Closing date: 14 September 2017.