Purpose of the job
A key member of our award winning digital team, our Digital Campaign Manager will be the day-to-day project lead in the development of our social content campaign, a campaign that will be pivotal in delivering our company-wide objectives. Point of contact for our network of agency heavyweights, you will be make sure this complex project is steered to fruition.
Working alongside our in house and agency teams, you will not only oversee the creative development, but will also be responsible for the campaign once it’s live, leading our content planning process, supporting the Social Media Communities Executive in channel management and working closely with our Website Manager on evaluation of the campaign.
An engine and motor for the team, you will approach work with a can-do attitude which helps the team to deliver exceptional work and have great fun in the process. You will be comfortable taking ownership and demonstrate resilience and accountability for the projects you lead.
The task of the digital team is to bring to life the benefits of smart meters on digital channels, with a current focus on making smart meters interesting to millennials. This sizable task demands a sizable budget, the very best creative and media partners to work alongside, and the remit to be brave and exciting in our strategy for digital channels. Our Digital Campaign Manager will work closely with the digital and media teams to help us deliver this campaign by:
- Be day-to-day manager of our social campaign development, managing a network of agencies who form a large part of our project teams, providing regular updates on project progress and flagging risks with the Head of Digital, who will be escalation point and approver.
- Contribute an expert view to the development of campaign assets, inputting your knowledge of what works on our channels, relevant industry insights and data from our social listening tool BrandWatch, to make our campaign content the best it can be.
- Work with our media team, Website Manager and our media and creative agencies, and at times the Head of Digital to dissect results and optimise our creative on social channels to maximise its effectiveness and push it to meet KPIs.
- Lead our content planning process, working closely with our in house digital and media teams and our media and creative agencies to develop and optimise our campaigns based on performance, spanning creation of post copy to minor media budget redeployment decisions.
- Support the Social Media Communities Executive with questions and comments that develop around our posts and act as an escalation point for them.
- Work with our Social Media and Communities Executive to manage all procedures and protocols to govern our use of social media and guide activity across the marketing and communications teams and our agency partners.
- Responsible for a robust crisis plan for social media and supporting our Social Media Communities Executive in monitoring our social listening tool BrandWatch for social media threats.
- Line manager of our Social Media Communities Executive who will be the day-to-day manager of our branded channels.
Skills, experience and competencies
- Strong communication skills – acute listening, persuasion, conviction and expectation management, which can be employed to get the best out of others by knowing when to engage and how to influence different disciplines and stakeholders.
- Leads by example, and is able to work at the speed necessary to deliver high quality content.
- A brilliant stakeholder manager, with an in-depth understanding of how agencies operate either from working in that environment, or a proven track record of managing agencies.
- Good self-awareness, shows determination in the face of challenges and seeks new opportunities.
- Thinks strategically and, where possible, uses insight and research to inform key decisions and idea development, and help define the digital strategy.
- Experience of managing the development of AV content campaigns in a fast-paced environment, including talent negotiation and shoots.
- Experience of planning and deploying paid advertising in social channels
- A forward planner who anticipates problems and adapts accordingly when required, making good intuitive decisions to keep projects on track.
- A good understanding of both technical and creative processes, excellent attention to detail and a solid administrative approach.
- A collaborative and supportive approach to colleagues.
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB.
- Appreciates the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embraces this diversity in your approach to work.
- Experience managing and growing a variety of social channels
- Experience using back end tools to co-ordinate and schedule social media activity
- Understanding of social media metrics and tools for measurement
- An enthusiasm for social media and belief in its capacity for positive impact
- A good understanding of PR and its relationship to social media marketing
- Experience planning for and/or handling social media crisis situations
- Experience of using BrandWatch or a similar social listening tool
To apply for the role
Please send your CV and cover letter to us by clicking on 'Apply'
Smart Energy GB actively encourages applications from those groups currently under-represented in our sector. We’re building a team that is able to understand the needs of and effectively communicate with the whole of our diverse nation. So, if you’re applying for a job with us, we’d like to hear how you can help us do this. And we want to hear from you if there’s anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs.
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview if requesting to be considered under this scheme.
Every member of our team goes above and beyond, helps one another out and contributes to the achievement of our ambitious goals. We think it’s only right for us to reward them accordingly:
- Competitive pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Gym memberships
- Annual health check
- Annual eye test
- Season ticket loan
- 5 annual volunteer days
- Option to buy additional annual leave
- Option to take out a personal loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- An in-house wellbeing programme, Thrive
- Free breakfast – to support a positive working environment, a free breakfast and healthy snacks are provided everyday