Developer Marketing Manager London
Be part of the team building the developer ecosystem for Alexa to help mold the future of voice recognition and cloud-based content/services. Alexa is the brain behind Echo. Echo is designed around your voice. It’s hands-free and always on. Echo connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service, to provide information, answer questions, play music, read the news, check sports scores or the weather, and more—instantly. All you have to do is ask. The Amazon Alexa developer marketing team is looking for an experienced and self-directed marketer to help us evangelize the Alexa platform. This role will be on the forefront of a new ecosystem – in an area that represents an evolution in how people interact with applications and devices. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for new products and the Internet of Things, enthusiasm for our mission to build voice-first experiences, and a talent for executing innovative marketing programs.
The Developer Marketing Manager for Alexa is responsible for helping drive awareness and mass adoption of the Alexa Skills Kit in the UK and Germany. You will help execute a strong marketing plan to build on the launch of Alexa in the UK and Germany, drive awareness of Alexa amongst the developer community and acquire new developers to the platform. You will develop a deep understanding of the developer business and the UK and German developer communities. Responsibilities will include acquisition of leads through channels including paid and organic search, display advertising, affiliate marketing, social media, e-mail, events, and other online and offline marketing channels.
The Developer Marketing Manager will be expected to innovate and will be empowered to expand our horizons to new approaches. In typical Amazon fashion, this role will hold a high bar for measurement of marketing activities, and will define success metrics, measurement methods and reporting processes for their efforts.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
· Work with product and global marketing teams to manage timelines and distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages for the developer audience.
· Execute compelling audience-specific, localized messages and campaigns (videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.) to fuel our digital marketing engine.
· Help identify and evaluate partnership opportunities, including co-marketing with communities and industry events.
· Execute local events to engage developers with technical training or compelling content, including optimizing our events to drive efficiency of event activity all-up.
· Drive innovation in audience experiences and partner with social engines and community influencers to scale our message, awareness, and adoption.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· At least 3+ years of experience in product or audience marketing – preferably with developer experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrable, successful, history of executing marketing strategy and campaigns
· Proven track record of continually advocating on behalf of your internal and external customers
· Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams in different geographies and business units
· Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
· Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to earn trust with stakeholders across teams
· Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks
· Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization