OLIVER is looking to recruit a Client facing Designer to work on-site with our Fortune 500 client based in Warsaw and delivering marketing communications for the South-eastern European markets (Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Turkey, Russia and Israel).
Our client is an innovative global organization with original roots in manufacturing, however their current portfolio spans an inventory of over 50,000 products across 5 large business units. They produce a diverse range of life-improving products from Post-It notes to highly advanced technological components, all with the common aim of enhancing peoples’ lives.
We are building a team of individuals who have the ability and confidence to learn on the job and help the client transform their marketing capabilities, as a Designer you will be delivering creative concepts, design and artwork to the client. You will be undertaking the design and artwork of predominantly print based collateral which will be produced for B2B/B2C and internal communication.
You will take briefs from the client and therefore the role demands a consistent and accurate approach to layout and design to fulfil the brief within agreed timescales. Taking personal responsibility for client liaison on allocated jobs, time management and the completion of timesheets are all important requirements.
This role requires a courteous, positive and high-energy individual with great people skills. Someone who works hard, but has fun with it and who can demonstrate a proven track record of driving complex projects forward in a timely fashion. You should have a meticulous attention to detail, establishing yourself as a safe pair of hands ensuring nothing falls through the cracks on projects or the day-to-day management of the account.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Reporting directly to the Design team leader, the successful applicant will have experience developing creative concepts through to final delivery. You'll have a deep affinity with design, layout and typography.
You will have excellent print design skills with strong Adobe CS (InDesign and Photoshop) and be a guru in using Illustrator for infographics, logo design and complex illustrations. Experience of producing high-level presentations using Powerpoint is desirable as well as in producing print based collateral such as brochures, DM, adverts, leaflets and flyers.
- Any digital skills (HTML, Flash, Motion Graphics) are a welcome bonus.
- Ensure all client brand guidelines are maintained.
- Quality assurance of all work, ensuring 100% accuracy with no spelling, typographical errors and/or design/layout mistakes.
- Management of smaller projects, guiding the client lead with regard to design, ensuring quality of the final product
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships
- Demonstrate creative flair whilst working within brand guidelines
- Take personal responsibility for the quality, consistency and presentation of artwork
- Maintain internal processes and look for ways to improve them
- Take responsibility for professional development and knowledge of latest software
- Produce high quality artwork across a mix of projects
- Finalise both digital and print projects to a perfect standard.
- Undertake artwork to the client’s brief and exacting standards.
- Develop an effective working relationship with colleagues and client and provide excellent customer service
- Effectively manage workloads within agreed timescales
- Proactively monitor artwork quality, accuracy and consistency
- Look for ways to develop new design within the guidelines, marketing and production opportunities
- Take responsibility for continued professional development
- Work proactively under own initiative and as part of the design team
- Complete timesheets
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience
- It is essential that you can speak fluent Polish and English
- Excellent design and artworking skills (concept, layout, creativity and attention to detail)
- Ability to adhere to brand guidelines and provide consistent artwork quality
- Excellent client liaison and customer service skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads
- Experience of completing timesheets
- Great teamwork skills
- Be a great team player and have good communication skills
- Excellent client liaison s kills and the ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Responsibility for accurate presentation of final artwork for production
- Ability to work accurately and provide consistent artwork quality
- Ability to adhere to brand guidelines
- Experience in management of artwork collateral
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – principally InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Previous experience working in an agency environment
- Digital knowledge and experience is a benefit