Job Title: Deputy Editor
Location: Central London
For this opportunity, you will be responsible for covering the UK finance industries
The Deputy Editor will be expected to build up an extensive range of industry contacts and supply exclusive news articles and longer in-depth features exploring wider trends within the industry.
The successful candidate should be able to make quick decisions, have an eye for detail and work well in a fast-paced environment.
With great opportunities for progression, this role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next steps in their career.
A NCTJ qualification is preferable (but not essential) and candidates should have at least 3 years' experience in journalism.
- Work with the Publishing Editor to develop content across print and digital platforms.
- Write and commission news and features for a large, knowledgeable audience along with source and manage contributors.
- Engage with the industry to ensure a close understanding of market developments.
- Have daily contact with key market figures to build relationships and gather news.
- Contribute to the development of new products in response to insights gained from research and market analysis.
- Support and promote brand activity at both internal and external events along with supporting the events and sales teams as required.
- Be resilient and able to work under pressure, with the ability to hit deadlines.
- Have, or be willing to gain, a working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Google Analytics and social media platforms.
- Have excellent networking skills and a strong ability to build and manage contacts.
- Be self-motivated with the initiative to drive projects forward whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Have a proven track record of setting high editorial standards.
- Be willing to travel to meetings and events including some evening and weekend work.