Big Data & Analytics
£45,000 - £ 65,000 per year
Data Scientist - London
£45,000 - £65,000 + benefits
Reporting into Lead Data Scientist
Data Scientist - The Company
Our client is geopolitical communications consultancy focusing on political, social and developmental campaigns. They blend acute strategic insight and in-depth understanding of political campaigning with cutting-edge data analytics and behavioural science methods, to help governments, political parties and NGOs to design and deliver more effective communications - from democratic elections to grassroots humanitarian campaigns.
Data Scientist - The Role
As a Data Scientist, you will manage the analytical aspect of client projects, primarily through the use of analytical tools and machine learning techniques to identify behavioural patterns and enable clients to provide more targeted and resonant advertising and organic content, as well as through the development of client-facing tools and applications.
A key part of the role will be to build end-product web applications that solve targeting problems in the communications world. This will involve designing and building unique and new analytical solutions relying on machine learning and applied statistics, navigating complex regulatory landscapes, and setting up environments to allow for the applications to scale and be secure. As such, proven experience in delivering end-to-end solutions is a must.
- Designing and delivering tools and data products
- Pre-processing of data from a variety of sources
- Conducting data audits and exploratory data analyses of client data
- Developing and training predictive models using supervised and unsupervised machine learning
- Creating data visualisations to communicate the output of our models to external clients
- Planning experiments for the validation of model predictions
- Designing and building applications for client and internal use.
Data Scientist - Key Skills
- Masters degree in a quantitative discipline
- 6+ month data science experience
- Hands-on programming experience in R and/or Python
- Applied knowledge of SQL databases
- Expert knowledge of fundamental statistics
- Practical and proven experience sourcing meaningful data from disparate sources - including navigating multiple regulatory landscapes simultaneously
- Practical and proven experience of taking a model from conception and problem stage through to deployment and implementation
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies
- Practical and proven experience of applying abstract mathematical concepts to noisy real-world data
- The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Practical and proven experience of online web-tracking technologies and infrastructure
- Hands-on experience of developing NLP using both supervised and unsupervised learning
- Proven experience of building predictive and prescriptive models using traditional and advanced
- modelling techniques (e.g. Bayesian, Random Forest, Neural Networks)
- Working Knowledge of Graph Theory and Network Analysis
- Proven experience in delivering web applications, complete with front-end interface and scalable architecture
- Proven experience organising product development, including development sprints, supporting sales and pitches and leading on technical development
- Php or other 'front-end' development language
- PhD in mathematics, natural sciences, economics, or political sciences
- 1-3 years working experience in a data science and analytics capacity
- Working appreciation of online web-tracking technologies and infrastructure
- Experience of presenting analysis results and model outputs to clients and stakeholders
- Ability to balance multiple projects, often with simultaneous and competing deadlines
- Fluency in French and/or Arabic, Spanish
If this is the Data Scientist role for you then APPLY NOW !!
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "CRISTINA PRODAN". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Cristina Prodan| DD: 020 78 45 72 02 - email@example.com Please notes all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly.
Contact: Cristina Prodan