This Data Insight Manager will lead the roadmap, planning and rollout plan for data analytics across the Charity
The client is based in London and seeking a Data insight Manager, a very established Charity going through intense digital transformation and growth. Not for Profit and Charities sector.
The key responsibilities for this Data insight Manager based in London are as follows:
- Work with the Head of Customer Services and Data Management to identify and manage all data insight projects and ensure that interpretations of the findings and insights are delivered to the appropriate senior stakeholders in order to inform and drive future performance and strategies.
- Identify and deliver data based solutions e.g. predictive data models, propensity models, forecasting models that maximise supporter responsiveness, engagement, loyalty and support in response to internal customer need.
- Manage the analysis of fundraising campaigns, working closely with the relevant fundraising teams to identify key learning and make recommendations for future activity.
- Identify, locate and utilise the most appropriate inputs in terms of data/information, both internal and external. Identify gaps in data/information relevant to projects and create briefs for external agencies to provide the data.
- Deliver excellent customer service by understanding requirements, managing expectations, gathering and acting on feedback and communicating and negotiating effectively with all customers.
- Promote the value of an insight and evidence based culture across the Engagement function, including recognising where intelligence has wider impact and looking for opportunities to use and exchange data across the organisation.
- Ensure that completed insight is effectively disseminated to internal customers and that they understand and use it.
- Structure reporting and analytical plans to address briefs giving an indication of resource implications and approach.
- Fully document all analysis projects in a timely manner and in clear, unambiguous terms and ensure that all analysis is uploaded into a central location.
- Work closely with Fundraising & Engagement teams to understand data insight requirements and how they relate to business challenges or opportunities.
- Support the CRM Executive to conduct analysis work, interpret results, draw conclusions and make actionable recommendations to inform and guide strategic decision making for Fundraising and Engagement teams.
The successful Data insight Manager will have the following requirements:
- Attend in-house and relevant external training courses, as agreed with line manager.
- Practise and comply with all current policies and procedures.
- Ensure GDPR compliance across all data insight activity.
- Ensure that all activity helps to build the brand and is at all times brand compliant.
- Engage actively with our volunteers as appropriate and within the scope of the post.
- Promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all work and ensure community engagement information is communicated in plain English and meets accessibility requirements.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks from time to time at the line manager's request, as may be deemed appropriate within the scope of the post.
This is a permanent role paying up to £41,000 P/A and offering a fantastic benefits package.