Better Placed are delighted to be working in partnership with Sonocent, an innovative provider of software solutions to the education sector. Founded 10 years ago, the software helps hundreds of thousands of students globally to create better notes, study more effectively and ultimately achieve more. Expanding rapidly and investing heavily in the marketing function, there is an exciting new Customer Journey Manager position available.
This newly created, challenging role has plenty of variety so you will need to be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
The core purpose of the role is to develop and implement our strategy, systems and processes for communicating with leads and customers - whether directly from marketing or through our Leeds based sales team. The aim is to increase sales by nurturing leads and improving customer loyalty to influence growth. Success will be measured on the number of qualified leads passed to sales and on customer engagement with Sonocent.
You will develop and implement the strategy and plan for lead nurturing and customer engagement, working closely with the Head of Marketing and Demand Generation manager. Activities critical to success will include:
- Managing Data - ensuring we are recording, tracking and using relevant data to enable prospect and customer segmentation to understand value and target messages appropriately. Data will also be used to review our strategies and drive continuous improvement.
- Developing and implementing communication plans for leads, customers and users such as targeted messages to help them through the buying journey, regular newsletters to keep the Sonocent brand top-of-mind and promotion of new software features. Achieved mainly through email this could include implementing marketing automation. The role will include copywriting and creating these emails in our email system.
- Developing tools for the sales team to use with prospects and customers including those needed for conferences e.g. presentations, email templates, web pages, brochures, and more. Writing copy, having design ideas and working closely with our inhouse Graphic Designer to deliver the tools is part of the role.
- Community building - online, offline and potentially through a specific platform. Our initial goal is to build an evangelist community of Sonocent supporters who we can recognise and reward and who will help raise awareness of Sonocent through speaking at conferences, webinars and writing relevant content.
- Experience in a customer-focussed role with an understanding of nurturing the process from lead to conversion.
- Ideally educated to degree level.
- An understanding of how to utilise customer databases, ideally with prospective and existing contacts.
- Any CRM experience would be advantageous in addition to segmenting databases and using customer data to influence future campaigns.
- Content strategy experience across multiple customer journey touchpoints.
As a company that is genuinely making a difference to those in education worldwide, the work involved is incredibly rewarding. In a period of extended growth, there is a real buzz around the office with like-minded individuals who really care which creates a very family-like environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an ambitious, expanding software company and with many new opportunities available at present and in the future, there is plenty of room to grow and progress your career.
If you are keen to be involved in a company helping students across the world achieve more from their studies, this could be the ideal role for you.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please apply with your latest CV or speak to Rian Hoey at Better Placed Recruitment via 01132364040 / firstname.lastname@example.org.