- Understand the competitive landscape, target audiences and personas, the brand proposition and key messages, to develop creative content and communications that drives customer engagement and response.
- Copywriting - across all online and offline channels. Delivering relevant, customer focused business truths with emotion and purpose that resonate, build long term relationships and drive responses that meet brand objectives.
- Manage email content, ensuring messaging is on-brand and engaging. Work with the Email Automation team to ensure copy, templates and imagery is provided according to the schedule.
- Support the creation and delivery of audience communication including email brochures, direct mail, event previews & guides, magazine ads, signage, video, banners, web imagery and buttons (for use via online and social) in line with brand creative. Deliver messages and stories that bring our brands to life in the minds of our audiences.
- Manage and work with external partners (design agencies, designers, video producers, printers, mailing houses) involved in the process of producing and delivering creative communications to meet agreed deadlines and at the best possible cost.
- Work within the delivery teams to:
- Plan and agree marketing communication campaigns designed to engage with their audience and meet brand objectives.
- Establish benchmarks / targets for performance, including response rates, ensuring these are tracked, analysed, and used to inform future activity.
- Understand / challenge and translate communication briefs into marketing communications that form the campaign plan.
- Prioritise the delivery of all briefs / communications in line with delivery dates and requirements across your brand portfolio.
- Software proficiency: CC Adobe Suite including Photoshop and InDesign.
Personal Qualities - Essential
- High standard copywriting proficiency.
- Passionate about creativity, with a strong understanding of design principles and the ability to use the power of words to influence.
- Exceptional process, project management and organisational skills, ensuring the successful, timely delivery of creative projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Proactive, initiating attitude - able to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals beyond what is required, with the energy and tenacity to address bottlenecks
- Strong relationship skills - communication, influencing and negotiating - to build trust and develop strategic working relationships across different levels of a cross-functional organisation to accomplish goals, leverage learning and share best practice.
- Confident, proactive, initiating attitude - able to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals, with the energy and tenacity to address bottlenecks and barriers.
- Intellectually curious and with speed of thought - full of ideas to improve and innovate.
- Collaborative, adaptable and flexible - can deal with ambiguity.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with impeccable proofreading skills.
- Strong presentation skills - ability to present and sell creative ideas to an audience at different levels and in different departments within an organisation.
Experience & Knowledge - Desirable
- Working with and interpreting creative, communication and video briefs.
- Marketing, communication or related qualification
- Experience of working within the events or retail industries